Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-13-2024, 03:05 PM

Default Seat Covers extended

I’m looking for seat covers for the back seat of a Ford F-150 Super crew extended cab. I’m really looking for the ones that have a rigid base that fills the gap between the seat and the back of the front seats, giving Fido more room as opposed to just material that caves in when they step off the seat. I’m getting many ads on Instagram but am looking for a recommendation from someone who has some and can vouch for the product.

TIA
Old 05-13-2024, 04:52 PM

I'm on my 2nd one in as many years. But I have 2 Dobermans who pace the back seat from window to window.

The Canadian Tire unit I'm currently using cost $50 but the material has ripped at the stitching for the strap the loops around the headrests after 4 weeks.

Previous unit was a pet-store jobby, cost about $70. It didn't rip, but the waterproof membrane on the back started wearing away after ~6 mos of use and it was totally knackered after 12...

Just pick a good heavy-duty "pet hammock" (technical name IIRC) that isn't cheap, and you should be happy. Buy once - cry once, kinda thing.

* none that I've seen at stores have a rigid base, BTW
Old 05-13-2024, 06:55 PM

Thanks. I’ve seen social media ads for ones with a rigid base but haven’t found them from a trustworthy source.
Old 05-13-2024, 07:09 PM

I bought mine from amazon so my saint could ride in the car when she got to big i let it drap on the floor now it been well over a year of owning it. The one thing i did was the holes for the seat belts i sewed them closed to keep the hair from going down the seat.
Old 05-13-2024, 08:09 PM

We have this:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0CT4N...b_b_asin_title

We have it for the wife’s Explorer. She has captain seats in the back and this covers the space. We’ve had 2, 50lb Bulldogs in the back with no issues. It does cover the space between the back seats and the front seats but when we’re eating I wish the 2 drool producers weren’t that close.
Old 05-14-2024, 02:56 PM

Thanks. This is exactly what I’m looking for
Old 05-14-2024, 07:58 PM

https://www.amazon.ca/FMS-Mattress-I...749132bd68ce77

Would something like this under the seat cover maybe help give some support and avoid premature wear on the cover?