Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-26-2015, 09:45 PM

Default To the slob fishermen at Seba Beach

I was out at Seba Beach on the weekend and in front of the mother in laws cabin a few "fishermen" had been ice fishing earlier in the week, and spent the night on the lake.

To those individuals:
You are a disgrace to the sport, and shame on you for leaving fishing line, plastic minnow tub and lid, cigarette butts, beer plastic six pack holder, feces, plastic bag and blue paper towel (with feces) on the ice after you left. Have you no respect for the lakes that you fish? Obviously not by your behaviour.

Thankfully you also left a receipt from Wholesale Sports South on January 16, 2015 at 8:06 pm with your debit card information which has been forwarded to a law enforcement officer to trace, along with your licence plate numbers from your vehicles. The elderly gentlemen you spoke to also gave a description of you.

You are not welcome in the area again and all of the residents will be watching for you and your vehicles.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:53 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by scesfiremedic View Post
I was out at Seba Beach on the weekend and in front of the mother in laws cabin a few "fishermen" had been ice fishing earlier in the week, and spent the night on the lake.

To those individuals:
You are a disgrace to the sport, and shame on you for leaving fishing line, plastic minnow tub and lid, cigarette butts, beer plastic six pack holder, feces, plastic bag and blue paper towel (with feces) on the ice after you left. Have you no respect for the lakes that you fish? Obviously not by your behaviour.

Thankfully you also left a receipt from Wholesale Sports South on January 16, 2015 at 8:06 pm with your debit card information which has been forwarded to a law enforcement officer to trace, along with your licence plate numbers from your vehicles. The elderly gentlemen you spoke to also gave a description of you.

You are not welcome in the area again and all of the residents will be watching for you and your vehicles.
Great post, sorry it comes to this in many places .
Old 01-26-2015, 09:59 PM

Well said! Good on you for calling these ungrateful,disrespectful people out and also reporting them. Hopefully people will hear about it and maybe think twice before they make these desicions
Old 01-26-2015, 10:24 PM

excellent x2 ..good-on-ya
Old 01-26-2015, 10:32 PM

Great story but how can you stop them from going back?
Old 01-26-2015, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf250xtom View Post
Great story but how can you stop them from going back?
I can't, but the neighbors will be watching and taking note from now on (licence plates, watching through binoculars, etc).
Old 01-26-2015, 10:47 PM

You just described many of today's so-called random campers who utterly pillage the land and leave bags of garbage, muddy ruts, 2-foot stumps and excrement in exchange for the beauty that once was. You people are a disgrace. Thing is, I don't want to banish you, since doing so would effectively banish those who respect the land as well. I can only admonish and hope to shame those who'd seemingly be happy to ruin it for the rest.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:56 PM

Sorry for your experience. I hope the offenders are entitled to a littering fine, at the very least. There is a thread with simular complaints by many, stemming from multiple locations. Sad, really.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:06 AM

Default Ironic, isn't it...

We pollute the water and then wonder years later why there's no fish in the lake...or why they aren't safe to eat...
Old 01-27-2015, 09:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stob View Post
excellent x2 ..good-on-ya
X3!
Old 01-27-2015, 09:52 AM

Thank you and your neighbours for reporting these perpetrators. I hope they are dealt with to the fullest extent of the law.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
Thank you and your neighbours for reporting these perpetrators. I hope they are dealt with to the fullest extent of the law.
With all the things pack out with them to spend a night or two on the lake, how much extra would it really take to throw in an ash/butt bucket, a slop bucket and a portable toilet bucket, all with lids could be hauled away and disposed off with less effort then it takes to write this post. C'mon people use your heads.

Thanks for taking care of these jokers!

BW
Old 01-27-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scesfiremedic View Post
I can't, but the neighbors will be watching and taking note from now on (licence plates, watching through binoculars, etc).
What if they take different vehicles and the reciept from whole sale sports is not theirs...

Good on you for reporting them.

The licence plate info and the descritption of the people there will come in handy.

You won't be able to keep them off the ice though..

It is amazing how people can be slobs out on the ice and even open water.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:30 PM

One way or another, slobs can be taught manners. Sometimes the first approach doesn't work so just keep trying new methods until the lesson is fully learned.

Bobby

Old 01-27-2015, 07:33 PM

Good job in reporting this piece of crap. His fishing licence should be suspended and definitely he or they should be charged with littering. Who did your friend report this to, Fish and wildlife or the RCMP? It depends on who has an interest in it whether they do their job.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophypikehunter View Post
we pollute the water and then wonder years later why there's no fish in the lake...or why they aren't safe to eat...
exactly
Old 01-27-2015, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My name is nobody View Post
Good job in reporting this piece of crap. His fishing licence should be suspended and definitely he or they should be charged with littering. Who did your friend report this to, Fish and wildlife or the RCMP? It depends on who has an interest in it whether they do their job.
You can't suspend someone's fishing license for an unrelated crime fine that's it.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:29 AM

If I see garbage I pick it up. Good for the lake and good ju ju from the fishing gods
Old 01-28-2015, 06:41 PM

Default ....

This is usually the reason I like ice fishing. In Manitoba we have the "white pailers" that have come here from other countries. They leave their minnow/worm containers, line, empty hook packages, and the friggin' blue rubber surgical gloves littered all along the shore lines. Stupid thing is when they buy all this it comes in a bag from the store. Pack it in pack it out! I hate seeing the shores like this and when you call them on it I get the bull**** excuse "Me no speak English". At that point I call the tips line and hope a CO can pay them a visit before they leave. Once open water hits I don't have to put up with it. Same with ice fishing.....they usually only pack a car full when fishing and with the snow they cannot get out. My two favorite fishing seasons.....boat fishing and ice fishing. Some heavy littering fines would hope to change their attitude for nature.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:57 PM

great job, hopefully the can be found by the authorities and ticketed
Old 01-28-2015, 07:36 PM

Default Slobs

I would love to hear about any follow up.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:33 PM

Good post, good job.

Only suggestion, for what it's worth, is that on the off chance the morons see your post, you might want to edit your post and delete the sentence, "The elderly gentlemen you spoke to also gave a description of you," because you don't know if they'd try to harm him for ratting them out. In this day and age ...

Deb