Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-10-2012, 08:51 AM

Default Exploring

Been thinking about just picking a few lakes and heading out on the weekend and punch some holes. Getting tired of going to the same ole spots all of the time. Just wondering how many of you folks just venture off to a secluded spot and try it out? Just bought a new camera and i'm dying to get out there and try it out.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:54 AM

thats the fun part....you never know what kind of gem you may discover!!

im doing the same this weekend...might even hit a couple of the "winter killed" lakes in my area...just in case
Old 02-10-2012, 09:02 AM

buddy of mine tried one of those 'winter killed' lakes last weekend and had a pretty good day of it. I have a couple lakess in mind about an hour or so away i'm gonna try. don't really care if I get skunked or not. Just happy to be out fishing!!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:21 AM

Some of the best times had out ice fishing was looking for/ going to backwoods lakes, Crooked lake, sundance lake, meyers lake, blackfoot and kinnard, banana lake, spencer lake. Some times fishing was good, sometimes you just went for a drive.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:34 AM

I agree 100% i'm getting tired of going to a lake and pulling into a parking lot of trucks and ice tents. it's not that i'm antisocial just some times you have to go and find a place that's just yours to enjoy for the day. A place that's not full of sleds, tim's cups and bait bags.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:43 AM

One of my Fave things to do is go on IFish and pick random lake to test out
Old 02-10-2012, 03:14 PM

I have been thinking of doing a trip to Fox Vegas. Meekwap has good pike and should have good perch. Raspberry has alot of perch, some should be good as no one ever talks about it. Smoke and Iosegun both can be contenders.

the SLEEPER I am wondering about is Giroux Lake. It feeds the Iosegun River, is a pretty good size, and there is a wellhead right beside it. If its the same system as Iosegun, could this be the next glory hole?

Anyways, if nothing else is working, Crooked Lake is not far from these lakes.

Drewski