Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-11-2012, 10:17 PM

Default ATTN Cross Lake Pigs

So with all the talk of Cross lake being hot for Perch I tought I would head out for the day and grab 5 or so for a nice feed for me and the Gf. All cool But Could you who left your Garbage on the ice please clean up after your self you Pig. From the pop bottles frozen in the ice to plastic bags Etc Etc I picked up today becuse you where busy being a PIG . And then to the Brain wave Who took tour garbage to the bin but just left it on the ground becuse you where to IMPORTANT to actually lift the lid and put it in or throw your Wholesale sports bag and box of crap on the ground as well. Like come on you are in a park for god sake next time you leave the House PLEASE dont forget to take your BRIAN with you. As small as it might be you may actually think to use it for once . Rant over this goes for all lakes becuse I DONT WANT TO CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR LAZY A%^ AGAIN .P.S take yout god dame smoke butts with you too PIGS.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkynuts View Post
So with all the talk of Cross lake being hot for Perch I tought I would head out for the day and grab 5 or so for a nice feed for me and the Gf. All cool But Could you who left your Garbage on the ice please clean up after your self you Pig. From the pop bottles frozen in the ice to plastic bags Etc Etc I picked up today becuse you where busy being a PIG . And then to the Brain wave Who took tour garbage to the bin but just left it on the ground becuse you where to IMPORTANT to actually lift the lid and put it in or throw your Wholesale sports bag and box of crap on the ground as well. Like come on you are in a park for god sake next time you leave the House PLEASE dont forget to take your BRIAN with you. As small as it might be you may actually think to use it for once . Rant over this goes for all lakes becuse I DONT WANT TO CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR LAZY A%^ AGAIN .P.S take yout god dame smoke butts with you too PIGS.
Good on you stinky for righting a big wrong and not leaving it.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
Good on you stinky for righting a big wrong and not leaving it.
x2
Old 01-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Banned

Cool

old brit trick next time if bag not full of gross stuff
look for a visa recipt if you get lucky. and one day you will! call the kind people at visa tell them you found bag of stuff .they will help you get bag back to its rightfully owner neat eh this lets you let them know im person how you feel abought there mess have got to do this on more than one occasion its fun they think there getting sumthing they lost and you get a clear. message across good hunting!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Agree
David
Old 01-12-2012, 07:57 AM

I guess your years of abuse the environment and littering fines have finally made you a half decent person again. Good job uncle stinky!! Lol
Old 01-12-2012, 08:31 AM

It really is amazing how much stuff people just leave behind ! I've seen everything from minnow tubs floating around on pigeon , broken lawn chairs, coolers, used maggot ziplocks, and tons of trash left on the ice ! I completely agree that if we all removed our own trash, and set a good example it would make for a better experience for all !
Old 01-12-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckkiller321 View Post
I guess your years of abuse the environment and littering fines have finally made you a half decent person again. Good job uncle stinky!! Lol
lol

Scrap Stephen Mandel and put Homer for Mayor of Edmonton !!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfish View Post
It really is amazing how much stuff people just leave behind ! I've seen everything from minnow tubs floating around on pigeon , broken lawn chairs, coolers, used maggot ziplocks, and tons of trash left on the ice ! I completely agree that if we all removed our own trash, and set a good example it would make for a better experience for all !
you see this in summer as well everywhere, it's a shame, clean up your garbage you cows.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:41 PM

Can I Add..

Was at cross lake last weekend and there was tons of people out fishing and trucks were literally driving 30 feet from my tent but going fast. I could hear them coming from 100+ feet away from the ice cracking all over and water rising in my hole. Every so often a guy with respect would drive by slower and I couldnt believe the difference it made to slow down while driving on the ice. If you want to drive recklessly on ice go to a lake where theres fewer people. We all enjoy fishing so why ruin it for others. Ive never seen so many people with a lack of respect in a 8 hour day of fishing in the past 3 years.

( on a lighter note the day was a blast . had the camera down and played with perch all day watching the occasional pike swoop in. and the sun was out and weather was gorgeous. )

Old 01-12-2012, 02:02 PM

Thumbs up Nice Fish

Hey Fishergrrrl,
Thats some big hog of a fish on your advatar.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
Hey Fishergrrrl,
Thats some big hog of a fish on your advatar.
Thanks She would be my biggest brown so far
Old 01-12-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckkiller321 View Post
Haha Mike very funny
Old 01-12-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherGrrrl View Post
Can I Add..

Was at cross lake last weekend and there was tons of people out fishing and trucks were literally driving 30 feet from my tent but going fast. I could hear them coming from 100+ feet away from the ice cracking all over and water rising in my hole. Every so often a guy with respect would drive by slower and I couldnt believe the difference it made to slow down while driving on the ice. If you want to drive recklessly on ice go to a lake where theres fewer people. We all enjoy fishing so why ruin it for others. Ive never seen so many people with a lack of respect in a 8 hour day of fishing in the past 3 years.

( on a lighter note the day was a blast . had the camera down and played with perch all day watching the occasional pike swoop in. and the sun was out and weather was gorgeous. )

We were also out there last weekend. I couldn't stand the people driving like that. My truck was parked on shore, safely. I took my quad out and felt safe on it.

I also watched the idiots racing across the lake and trying to fllod my tent.

What area were you fishing in?
Old 01-12-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowtrail View Post
What area were you fishing in?
straight out and to the right a bit.. I just walked on. I couldnt believe how many people were straight out at that point. It was a tent city way out there!
Old 01-12-2012, 11:45 PM
pelada trochu

those are the wake boat dudes from the summer

Quote:
Can I Add..

Old 01-12-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
straight out and to the right a bit.. I just walked on. I couldnt believe how many people were straight out at that point. It was a tent city way out there!
Did you make it as far as the reed bed? We were at the hotel on the point. Yes it was crazy out there and somewhat slow on saturday.

How deep were you fishing?

We were in 15' and weren't getting much. Moved to 22' and did pretty good for ahile then slowed down. Still a good day. Got my 9 year old nephew on a few perch of his own.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:52 AM

I'd rather drive a few hours and have a chance at some decent perch than fish at that dump. Ice fishing is supposed to be relaxing. Chasing 8 inch perch with the odd 10 or 11 inch mixed in while sitting around with 300 loud mouths is a waste of time in opinion.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowtrail View Post
Did you make it as far as the reed bed? We were at the hotel on the point. Yes it was crazy out there and somewhat slow on saturday.

How deep were you fishing?

We were in 15' and weren't getting much. Moved to 22' and did pretty good for ahile then slowed down. Still a good day. Got my 9 year old nephew on a few perch of his own.
ya right about there. started at 15 and went to about 19'. when I went deeper there was larger perch but for the most of the day we were sitting in big schools of fish so we had a fun day all around. lots of small ones so it became a game of perch dodgeball lol. I bet your nephew had a good time
Old 01-13-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwood View Post
I'd rather drive a few hours and have a chance at some decent perch than fish at that dump. Ice fishing is supposed to be relaxing. Chasing 8 inch perch with the odd 10 or 11 inch mixed in while sitting around with 300 loud mouths is a waste of time in opinion.
I disagree. Any lake for the most part you'll have a chance at a 'decent' anything. Where theres fish there is going to be one at least one 'decent' on swimming around and as a determined fisherwoman I will keep going back to lakes I've been skunked at lol.

Also, as long as I am fishing I am relaxing. Aside from all the loud mouths pushing my buttons I still enjoyed my day out of the city and on the ice. So id rather drive out, sit on the water, and not catch fish.. then sit on my couch wishing I was fishing.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:35 AM

Smile RE:

Just like to add my 2 cents, Pigs are cleaner then most humans lol. I think the word needing is Slawth!. I hear ya some People really don't care for the Pleasures of keeping area's clean for other People to enjoy as well. Its just like a factor of Foolish drivers on the road can't drive and throw their cigrette butts out the window and cause grass fires. Job for help keeping the parks and fishing holes clean.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I disagree. Any lake for the most part you'll have a chance at a 'decent' anything. Where theres fish there is going to be one at least one 'decent' on swimming around and as a determined fisherwoman I will keep going back to lakes I've been skunked at lol.

Also, as long as I am fishing I am relaxing. Aside from all the loud mouths pushing my buttons I still enjoyed my day out of the city and on the ice. So id rather drive out, sit on the water, and not catch fish.. then sit on my couch wishing I was fishing.
Perhaps you should try a few other lakes and maybe you would realize what a `decent`perch looks like. For me, hunting trophies is much more fun then weeding through microperch. To each his/her own I guess.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:17 PM

Default fishing

Quote:
ya right about there. started at 15 and went to about 19'. when I went deeper there was larger perch but for the most of the day we were sitting in big schools of fish so we had a fun day all around. lots of small ones so it became a game of perch dodgeball lol. I bet your nephew had a good time
Yes my son had a great time. He caught 9 perch over the course of the day.
Willow is my BIL. He is nice for a man with only 1 arm and leg.

Niceman
Old 01-13-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you should try a few other lakes and maybe you would realize what a `decent`perch looks like. For me, hunting trophies is much more fun then weeding through microperch. To each his/her own I guess.
Definately a lot more fun fishing for big fish but I'll still head out regardless if I am invited and still be happy I am out. To each his own though is right. I went out with a buddy a few weeks ago for trout and had a really slow day and listened to him complain the entire day.. I was having a great time aside from listening to him waiting for his 'trophy'
Old 01-13-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceman View Post
Yes my son had a great time. He caught 9 perch over the course of the day.
Willow is my BIL. He is nice for a man with only 1 arm and leg.

Niceman
lol whats a BIL????

and how is he holding that nice pike with only one arm?
Old 01-13-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Like come on you are in a park for god sake next time you leave the House PLEASE dont forget to take your BRIAN with you. As small as it might be you may actually think to use it for once.
Personally, I don't want to take my son-in-law fishing with me. He is actually rather large and eats all my food. In fact, since he is the only BRIAN I know, I think we should ban all Brian's from fishing!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
lol whats a BIL????

Brother - In - Law
Old 01-13-2012, 12:47 PM

Default bil

Quote:
lol whats a BIL????

BIL= Brother in law

Nice
Old 01-13-2012, 12:52 PM

Default Son In law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudelpointer View Post
Personally, I don't want to take my son-in-law fishing with me. He is actually rather large and eats all my food. In fact, since he is the only BRIAN I know, I think we should ban all Brian's from fishing!
Fair enough, only know 2 Brians, but both are nice, and not rather large.
Maybe take your sil fishing more, exercise, healthy food= skinny, or you could
just throw him down a (big) hole.

Nice
Old 01-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Can we see some pics of your trophy perch ... As you know without pics it didn't happen.