Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-08-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo View Post
Please tell me where I have a spelling error or have the improper use of grammer. Improper spelling, grammer and slang are for chat rooms. This forum is often confused as one.
The word you are trying to spell is GRAMMAR.

I will tell you where you have improper etiquette as well. You join a forum and criticize a long time, respected member of this forum who regularly contributes valueable information, on your 5th or 6th post, nonetheless. I do not care how long you have been fishing or what you think you may know about fishing, don't join something and criticize it or its members the first chance you get.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketrout View Post

I will tell you where you have improper etiquette as well. You join a forum and criticize a long time, respected member of this forum who regularly contributes valueable information, on your 5th or 6th post, nonetheless. I do not care how long you have been fishing or what you think you may know about fishing, don't join something and criticize it or its members the first chance you get.

Well said.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Havent tried salted smelts for pike, but I know salt is a walleye attractant
Maybe it's just the action if your using cut plug to troll with as it does stiffen them up, never actually salted any myself but may have to try some if I get out before thaw.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:31 PM

I used pieces of salted smelts at PCR this summer and got lots of walleye on them. but then I could have probably tied on anything and caught some, kinda hard not to in the summer

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:

I am corrected and dont mind being, but I wasnt the one disputing spelling or grammar in the first place. Is that all you could find?
Old 01-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Banned

Quote:

Are you a modertor? Ha Ha, VALUEABLE, good one.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:05 PM

Enzo I have a question for you...Are you and Bud Leight the same person?..You two have lots of similar characteristics...
Old 01-08-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
I am corrected and dont mind being, but I wasnt the one disputing spelling or grammar in the first place. Is that all you could find?
Quote:
Are you a modertor? Ha Ha, VALUEABLE, good one.
Replying to a post you've already replied to? Are you running out of material or what?

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 01-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Replying to a post you've already replied to? Are you running out of material or what?
Geekzle always has to chime in.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Leight View Post
Geekzle always has to chime in.
Pot, kettle...

I have many things to say about many subjects...I don't post just to be a douche.

I have entirely too much free time on my hands sometimes...what's your excuse?

And now I'll take my own advice and bid you adieu.

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams

Last edited by Geezle; 01-08-2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Hit 'Post' prematurely
Old 01-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badback View Post
Enzo I have a question for you...Are you and Bud Leight the same person?..You two have lots of similar characteristics...
no, buds not as smart as me
Old 01-09-2010, 05:53 PM

Thats not much of a life goal from what i'm reading.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
Well, we'll see how this works out. I purchased a big bag of smelts at Superstore. I divided it roughly into thirds. 1/3 is soaking in kosher salt. 1/3 is soaking in kosher salt and garlic powder (too busy---lazy---to mince up garlic). The last 1/3 is soaking in red food colouring and kosher salt. The salt is simply to toughen them up.

Baitfisher did her's without salt, but did do up several different colours.

We'll see which ones the pike like better.

I chose kosher salt as I don't think it has iodine in it (can't find it listed on the package anywhere, anyway).
Actually after I colored them I put salt in with them before refreezing...
Old 01-10-2010, 08:30 AM

Default Try Powdered Milk!

I'm afraid I don't have a link for u guys(its 8 am and I just came off nightshift)
But google using powdered milk in your brine mixes.
it toughens up the baitfish and they stay on the hook better. The recipe I used was from a sal****er fishing page I believe.
Food coloring is good.Cheap and harmless.

Now my complaint!! One over opinionated troll added a bunch of grief for everybody.(and it wasn't even related to the topic!!)
IMO, insults and endless arguing (especially when no laws are being broken) should get your AZZ booted off of here.
I can't be the only person who gets sick of wasting my time off reading about guys arguing like teenagers.Sorry to hijack, but this was a prime example
Awesome post with good input. Now half the pages are posts defending what?Bad spelling.
I agree it's hard to ignore these troll, internet tough guys.
Kicking them off and somehow keeping them off would be great.
Sorry for my rambling, it's late in my day.
Maybe a direct post regarding others thoughts would be be.May you all have a quiet trolless Sunday.Tight Lines
Ken
Old 01-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'm afraid I don't have a link for u guys(its 8 am and I just came off nightshift)
But google using powdered milk in your brine mixes.
it toughens up the baitfish and they stay on the hook better. The recipe I used was from a sal****er fishing page I believe.
That is the recipe I had in post #8 on the first page of this rambling mess. You may not want to read all of the arguing on a post but you should read some of the post lololol..
Old 01-10-2010, 11:03 AM

I picked up some pink smelts at Canadian Tire and tried them yesterday at CVR. They were so pink I though I might even catch "Kermit the Frog". Not even Kermit was interested.

I also picked up some regular smelts, unthawed them, put them in a plastic container and added salt and seasoning then re-froze them. Yesterday morning we unthawed them again and used them as well. All the fish that were caught or hit lines were with these smelts. Maybe a coincidence. Who knows.

Good luck with what ever you use.

CR
Old 01-10-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
no, buds not as smart as me
ENZO - do you use salt or dye on your smelts . any input on this subject would be appreciated . thanks . TIGHT LINES.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:27 AM

Sorry walleys,
Yeah, thats the same basic recipe i was talking about, and your link has pictures!
I do try and read before I ramble, but I didn't take the time to let your whole link load up.
Being up almost 20 hours will do that!
Anyways, thanks for the good input and have a good one.
Ken
Old 01-11-2010, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryRoadz View Post
I picked up some pink smelts at Canadian Tire and tried them yesterday at CVR. They were so pink I though I might even catch "Kermit the Frog". Not even Kermit was interested.

I also picked up some regular smelts, unthawed them, put them in a plastic container and added salt and seasoning then re-froze them. Yesterday morning we unthawed them again and used them as well. All the fish that were caught or hit lines were with these smelts. Maybe a coincidence. Who knows.

Good luck with what ever you use.

CR
There's no question that many times "regular" smelts work as good or better than coloured but there are days when hot pink or fluorescent green is just what the pike ordered! The crappy thing about that is a guy almost has to carry a whole cooler full of asssorted bait to satisfy her Royal Highness, Esox lucious!

Last edited by pikester; 01-11-2010 at 01:05 AM.