Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-20-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandalius View Post
Nice try , banana thonger ?? I've been called alot of things but never that.
Well at least you are on the right track about the size.
My delete button doesn't like you today Tree - keepin it pg13

Just razzin' ya bud. How's yer ash looking?

Tree
Old 07-20-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBX View Post
Hey guys, NBX (aka James) here, I came out with Dean (aka Jack&7). Thanks SO much for the great times. I ate like a king, picked up some great knowledge and had a blast all at the same time. My highlights had to be the cod cutting demo from Ken, Steve's moose bbq and Gibson's cod nuggest. I got some good pics and I'll be posting them soon!.
Exactly...well worth it to hang out with you fine folks. I have never eaten so well and SO MUCH while camping before in my life! Still....my "food highlights" had to be those tasty ling nuggets, chili with brown sugar in it, and those Spectacular Super Most-Awesome Banana Boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle View Post
It was SUCH good times!
That does sum it up nicely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
Least your not the Its so creamy guy with coon eyes....
Jeff...that is seriously going to take years to even out that coon mask you got goin' on there! I think it's safe to say it will last until half way through hard water season.

And as promised, I will give a report of the fishing at Clear Lake from Sunday when NBX and I headed over there from PCR.

I think we launched somewhere around 11:30 AM and cruised to the south of the docks...trolling the whole time. I have never seen so many fish on the fishfinder at any one time! Amazing...yet not one would bite. I threw everything I had at them: crankbaits, spinners, spoons, even tried jigging. Nothing...

But when we were driving in, we noticed three boats at the north end of the lake. So after becoming thoroughly confused and frustrated, we headed to that end. The water was a bit calmer and as we pulled up to a spot, I copuld see all the boats were anchored...maybe 8 to 12 ft of water at the most. I started talking to the guys next to us to get some insight as to what is working on this lake (since this was our first visit...and I was so baffled why we could not get a bite). I realized it was full-on mid day heat and feeding was slow...but this was ridiculous. So they guys told us that they were catching...nothing crazy, but they were doing all right. They were using spoons and Mepps spinners.

I asked if they had yanked out anything decent. He says, "Oh yeah.....I got a monster." And they proceeded to bring their boat over to show us. Well, he wasn't kidding.

In the bottom of the boat was a massive pike as thick as my thigh...probably about 42 inches long. He had no idea what it weighed so I gave him my scale: 28 pounds! What a beauty...haven't seen a pike that big in a long time. Wish I would've taken a picture.

Just as he lifted, I caught my first (since I didn't stop fishing while we talked). I ended up pulling in 6 that afternoon (we fished until 3 pm) and Newsboy finally got one. I swear he was cursed!

But all of the ones we caught were about 45-50 cm...no keepers. Just a bit too short. We had fun anyway. I would love to be there in the evening, though...I bet it would be a different story than fishing during 'dead time' like we did. That lake is FULL of pike!

So that's my story...overall we had a great time and some decent fishing and some new spots to return to.

Plus...some new friends. Can't wait for the next one! Maybe an ice get together? Thanks to everyone I met for the food, fishing, and fun! Stay safe...
Old 07-20-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
I just bottled 5 gallons of wine, going to have to do a special batch just for the next meet. I say make it sooner than later, this time I get to see Baitfisher biting the trailer!!!!! Of course none of you saw me walk into the wire fence and do a face plant, got the scars on my legs to prove it, But I didnt spill a drop of my drink, now thats talent!!!!!!
Ha! You are the best!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:44 PM

5 gallons! oh Gawd....
Old 07-20-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack&7 View Post
5 gallons! oh Gawd....
We are going to have may more stories next time,he,he.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack&7 View Post
5 gallons! oh Gawd....
have another 5 ready to bottle next week. LOL

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 07-21-2009, 11:01 AM

Arent we though who would have thought a bunch of strangers could have had such a great time togeather. Now that we all know eachother, i cant wait untill we get to do it again. By the way to all this is flygirrl's nephew....
Old 07-21-2009, 11:07 AM

Default pcr

My Billy Bop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can always use Billy as our new searchlight if someone is lost on the water. With his shinny dome he could lite up the night. lol
Old 07-21-2009, 11:10 AM

Thanks Jack&7 for letting us know how you made out. I can only imagine what this lake would fish like in the spring and fall when the water cools down. That was one hot weekend and Im sure the fish felt it too. Post if you happen to go back to that lake. I might try to get there in the fall for a fish but it is so far away from here it makes for a long day.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post

Just razzin' ya bud. How's yer ash looking?

Tree
I know Tree - it's all good. I was having some issues with four letter words with some "ers" and "ings" attached to them while trying to type my responses. My delete button got the crap beat out of it in the process.

I pick up some new words over the weekend ( thanks to trucker mouth ) and tried to use some - not so pg13 though

Which "ash" are you referring too ? The one in my pants which looks awesome all the time or the one in the yard which still looks a little funny ? Hmmmm Well the one in the yard has lots of leaves on the one side ( good shade for my truck ), it is starting to grow quite a few new stoots at the "y" going strait up ( just like you called it ). I think the tallest one is about 4 feet ish - I think it's coming along good but I'm no tree expert ..lol
Old 07-21-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
Thanks Jack&7 for letting us know how you made out. I can only imagine what this lake would fish like in the spring and fall when the water cools down. That was one hot weekend and Im sure the fish felt it too. Post if you happen to go back to that lake. I might try to get there in the fall for a fish but it is so far away from here it makes for a long day.
I think later on this year both PCR and Clear should be jumping. I'm hoping we'll be able to do some ice fishing out there because I think I picked up a bad addiction to Ling and according to Calgary Gringo, that's all there is to catch out there in the winter.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:25 PM

Yeah thats for sure.... Im definately loosing a layer or two but im ok with that. Put steve and i togeather and you'd have a red and white beacon.....
Old 07-21-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentspectator View Post
Yeah thats for sure.... Im definately loosing a layer or two but im ok with that. Put steve and i togeather and you'd have a red and white beacon.....
I guess we won't have to worry about nav lights then!
Old 07-21-2009, 06:17 PM

Everyone get home from fishing and provide your Banana Boat Payback, he,he.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:22 PM

MMMMMMMMMM banana boats rock!!!!!!!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 07-21-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBX View Post
I think later on this year both PCR and Clear should be jumping. I'm hoping we'll be able to do some ice fishing out there because I think I picked up a bad addiction to Ling and according to Calgary Gringo, that's all there is to catch out there in the winter.

I'm up for a late sept. attempt at Clear lake. My fall is going to be really busy so time is limited. maybe a few of us could head down there?

Plus...I need some of that burbot action too.