Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-27-2014, 09:14 PM

Default Update on Caroline Area

Figured I would do a little report for some of the good people on this site on some of the areas we passed by and fished on Saturday. Weather wasn't great all day and really overcast, so naturally the gold was outdoing the silver spinners. So here it goes, the Clearwater River was still running pretty clear but only fished it for a little while and nothing was landed. Headed to Raven River next, the south was open now (last weekend it was still froze over) but it looked pretty muddy, so we went and checked out the north raven and it is running fairly clear, not perfect but pretty good visibility. Managed a few browns nothing huge but fun to get that first open water trout of the season! Checked out a few tribs of the Clearwater and not even worth taking the rod out of the car. Looked for open water on some stocked ponds in that general area and nothing more then 10 feet opened around the edges. Last stop on the way home thought we would try open creek (maybe because it has a creek off it it would be ice free) there was about 50 feet of open water in one area so we threw in a few casts, I some how landed the smallest sucker I have ever seen on a spinner he had no business biting lol it made for some last minute entertainment. Anyways I hope you all enjoy the update I know I enjoy them from a few of the honest people on here! Hope it helps out and I will try to post a few pics underneath!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140426_135108.jpg (66.1 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg Brown Release.jpg (50.5 KB, 130 views)

Last edited by Rikkles Fisher; 04-27-2014 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:51 PM

Congrats on the fish, and thanks for the update!
Old 04-27-2014, 10:03 PM
Banned

nice to get good updates, esp. this time of year when you don't know if ice is off or not. thanks.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:42 PM

Pretty fish Ricky, thanks for posting.

Cheers
Old 04-27-2014, 11:18 PM

Thanks guys, of course I lost the big one at stauffer but you all knew that already lol
Old 04-27-2014, 11:48 PM

Right on ricky buddy good to see some possitive results thank for for givin us the low down