Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-02-2014, 10:34 PM
Banned

Giving notice is your decision.
The bank returning the deposit is wrong?
I hope resolution happens.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Tell them that's not what your lawyer told you....
ya i am going to!
Old 10-03-2014, 07:42 AM

I would go to the bank manager and tell him that if the money is not back in your bank account that you will be going to the RCMP and be asking them to lay fraud charges.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping4life View Post
Not really a matter of being shorted but not being paid at all!
Its in the 5 digits and well worth pursuing.
Even if it was only a couple thousand I would still pursue it. This guy is a total ******* and deserves everything coming his way.
S.O.B! That is criminal. It also sounds like they are going to pay you, just taking their sweet time doing it. I hope you get the resolution you seek. I also think you should take a complaint up the chain at the bank. I think they are the ones who have truly made an incorrect, possibly illegal move.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybuster View Post
S.O.B! That is criminal. It also sounds like they are going to pay you, just taking their sweet time doing it. I hope you get the resolution you seek. I also think you should take a complaint up the chain at the bank. I think they are the ones who have truly made an incorrect, possibly illegal move.
I am definitely going to pursue this bank error!!!
Old 10-03-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
sigh. no, a clerical error can be reversed via the employer. It happens many hundred times per day guys. Just because you see a big fat number in your account doesn't mean itll stay there if it was determined to be an 'error' on the issuing sides point of view. love the closet AO lawyers.

You are entitled to your money yes. there is no legal recourse that you can take against the bank. the guys telling you to pursue legal action are providing ridiculous advice. For one, they have done nothing wrong. And two, im pretty sure RBC, or Scotia or whatever bank it is has higher priced, better quality lawyers than you will ever be able to afford in 6 lifetimes.

I think one thing you can take from the situation is that no matter what the situation be, its a boneheaded move to just up and leave a job without notice.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildside2014 View Post
sigh. no, a clerical error can be reversed via the employer. It happens many hundred times per day guys. Just because you see a big fat number in your account doesn't mean itll stay there if it was determined to be an 'error' on the issuing sides point of view. love the closet AO lawyers.

You are entitled to your money yes. there is no legal recourse that you can take against the bank. the guys telling you to pursue legal action are providing ridiculous advice. For one, they have done nothing wrong. And two, im pretty sure RBC, or Scotia or whatever bank it is has higher priced, better quality lawyers than you will ever be able to afford in 6 lifetimes.

I think one thing you can take from the situation is that no matter what the situation be, its a boneheaded move to just up and leave a job without notice.
ya thanks for the advice.....sorta
No it is never a "boneheaded" move when the conditions arent safe and the employer is a twat.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildside2014 View Post

Your sighing, condescending input is an asset to the conversation. I have already stated I'm not a lawyer. I never suggested legal action. I did suggest taking a complaint further up the chain. An angry customer has some chance, little, but some chance, of getting his message across to the bank. Further if a clerical error can be reversed so simply, then why would RBC not correct my clerical error? I was told they could not take funds out of the other account.

If you do possess factual knowledge of the legal situation I would really appreciate your input. I have already admitted I don't know the exact laws, but I do have experience working with Payroll, and personal experience. If you have the same but different, great, but please, don't come off like we are all idiots. We have been presenting opinions.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Your sighing, condescending input is an asset to the conversation. I have already stated I'm not a lawyer. I never suggested legal action. I did suggest taking a complaint further up the chain. An angry customer has some chance, little, but some chance, of getting his message across to the bank. Further if a clerical error can be reversed so simply, then why would RBC not correct my clerical error? I was told they could not take funds out of the other account.

If you do possess factual knowledge of the legal situation I would really appreciate your input. I have already admitted I don't know the exact laws, but I do have experience working with Payroll, and personal experience. If you have the same but different, great, but please, don't come off like we are all idiots. We have been presenting opinions.
I agree 100%!!!