Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-19-2020, 08:16 PM

Default mm hmm 995 ts

so i got a new baby.yep hi point 995ts.
lil over35yrs recovering various(brand/grain/type/range/medium)rounds with a .22lr Then spent 2yrs with a 3x9 40 scoped Henry 0001
it lasted that long.(btw.. 795 all fracking day) that got boring kinda fast +$/round.
so i went 9mm.
now i'm Canadian so i like to paper(scoped) at 25yrds fresh, 50 to get stuff a lil closer, 75 to tune...then tweek that 80-90 yrd pop can sized gopher then out to on a Pure still day, 120yrd with a 40g and here that thud.
so my hi point 995ts At 50 is grouping 7x7" at 50yrd !?
now a clamp on bi pod is involved(stripped/replaced rubber shims, same as the 795)not torqued on tighter than the door on an orbital re-entry vehicle.
scopes a Vortex 4x12 40/mounts(gift from my nephew, things worth more than the rifle).
and....i.ve gone through 200rnds each winchester 115g fmj ditto federal.
All without cleaning.. to try answer the gotta run it dirty thing.
my Dad was former Mil.. Korea.. so that was like brushing my teeth with charcoal. even after, 50 rnds clean each still.
so i'll not give up. it's going to be an adventure. if anyone could help that'd be great i just hpoe it's not the rail.
thanks to any that answer..
Old 05-20-2020, 07:51 AM

What?
Old 05-20-2020, 08:10 AM

Wow, I read it twice and still have no idea what it's all about, maybe it's just me ???

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:22 AM

I as well struggle with proper sentence structure and grammar .
Old 05-20-2020, 08:54 AM
Shooting Xs

I think he said,
Shot a .22 using a bunch of different ammo at a bunch of different stuff for a very long time?
Then bought a Hi Point 9mm. Semi Carbine rifle and it doesn't group well, clean?Shooting it dirty is like pulling teeth?Goes against what he was taught by his ex-military Father?

I think?
Either way,it's an Epic first post for a Member of over 4 years. lol
I think,can't be sure though.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solbane View Post
so i got a new baby.yep hi point 995ts.
lil over35yrs recovering various(brand/grain/type/range/medium)rounds with a .22lr Then spent 2yrs with a 3x9 40 scoped Henry 0001
it lasted that long.(btw.. 795 all fracking day) that got boring kinda fast +$/round.
so i went 9mm.
now i'm Canadian so i like to paper(scoped) at 25yrds fresh, 50 to get stuff a lil closer, 75 to tune...then tweek that 80-90 yrd pop can sized gopher then out to on a Pure still day, 120yrd with a 40g and here that thud.
so my hi point 995ts At 50 is grouping 7x7" at 50yrd !?
now a clamp on bi pod is involved(stripped/replaced rubber shims, same as the 795)not torqued on tighter than the door on an orbital re-entry vehicle.
scopes a Vortex 4x12 40/mounts(gift from my nephew, things worth more than the rifle).
and....i.ve gone through 200rnds each winchester 115g fmj ditto federal.
All without cleaning.. to try answer the gotta run it dirty thing.
my Dad was former Mil.. Korea.. so that was like brushing my teeth with charcoal. even after, 50 rnds clean each still.
so i'll not give up. it's going to be an adventure. if anyone could help that'd be great i just hpoe it's not the rail.
thanks to any that answer..
You're never going to get any accuracy with a clamp-on-barrel bipod. There is a rail under the stock that is better suited to mount a bipod. Remove the bipod and shoot it off a bag (so the barrel is not resting on anything)....you will notice the difference immediately.