Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 11:09 AM

Default Got a date, and a canoe plus gear, now what

So this girl I know has been buggin me for quite awhile to take her fishing with me. And she's probably about an 8 outta 10, so I kinda want to impress a little. But I've been in manitoba all summer and haven't fished Alberta really at all this year. So what's a good spot that's happening right now? I don't care what kind of fish just as long as we get some, and I got a canoe so a lake that's not super windy on average would have to almost be a must with girls on board. oh and did I mention she wants to go TOMORROW, help me out here guys, I was thinking pine coulee but I got skunked there last time I went and, it's not very senic.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Gone Hunting

It would sure help if you had pics.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-19-2011, 11:13 AM

I'll send ya one, how do I post pics on here
Old 08-19-2011, 11:14 AM

If you're in Calgary now, why don't you try spray lakes or something south of Canmore. Pretty easy to catch fish and doesn't get that windy. Pretty nice scenery too so you will probably slay after the fishing.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:17 AM

Ya I am in calgs. Spray is a beauty spot but ive never even caught a cold out there Before
Old 08-19-2011, 11:18 AM

You ever use little mepps spinners, seem to do the trick there
Old 08-19-2011, 11:23 AM

this usually works on the 8 out of 10's

PEACH SCHNAPPS

cant help ya with the fishing though
Old 08-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammer View Post
If you're in Calgary now, why don't you try spray lakes or something south of Canmore. Pretty easy to catch fish and doesn't get that windy. Pretty nice scenery too so you will probably slay after the fishing.
are you kidding? spray is one of the worst lakes for wind. every afternoon. its good in the morning and every afternoon the wind will kick up especially on the middle section of the lake.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post
are you kidding? spray is one of the worst lakes for wind. every afternoon. its good in the morning and every afternoon the wind will kick up especially on the middle section of the lake.
I can see how a little bit of wind bothers you...probably messes up your hair so you don't look as pretty for your boyfriend. The lake is so small that you're never bouncing around in waves or anything. If a little wind does bother you, drive 5 minutes north and fish a smaller body of water protected from the wind.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Gone Fishing

I am shocked that no one has said anything about her ONLY being an 8/10....if she ever reads this your butt will have skid marks on it from being kicked to the curb ! All women we date are 10`s .....aint that the truth?
Old 08-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammer View Post
I can see how a little bit of wind bothers you...probably messes up your hair so you don't look as pretty for your boyfriend. The lake is so small that you're never bouncing around in waves or anything. If a little wind does bother you, drive 5 minutes north and fish a smaller body of water protected from the wind.

lol nice. but my ex can attest that we have had 2 days where we were almost capsized in those waves. spray lakes is narrow but it runs the same direction as the wind blows on that lake and with the length, by the time it hits the bend it can make some pretty nasty swells. remember he is in a canoe not a 18 footer like you probably fish from. But nice try to make me look like a girl. speaks alot for your character and maturity. A true keyboard warrior.

Ps I did recommend a lake and even offered him a map of some protected waters that he can fish from if winds are blowin. spray can be calm but more often than not winds pick up and most people who ice fishes spray can attest that the winds at spray if there is any are more than just "a little bit of wind"
Old 08-19-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
So this girl I know has been buggin me for quite awhile to take her fishing with me. And she's probably about an 8 outta 10, so I kinda want to impress a little.
I figure she gets an extra two points for wanting to get out fishing . . . that makes her a 10 and they aren't easy to come by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
But I've been in manitoba all summer and haven't fished Alberta really at all this year. So what's a good spot that's happening right now? I don't care what kind of fish just as long as we get some, and I got a canoe so a lake that's not super windy on average would have to almost be a must with girls on board. oh and did I mention she wants to go TOMORROW, help me out here guys, I was thinking pine coulee but I got skunked there last time I went and, it's not very senic.
How about a nice little trout lake? In the mountains (kinda), not too far from Calgary, scenic and nice to paddle around in? Beaver Lake by Caroline sounds like a great date to this girl. It might be a bit of work to entice them at this time of year, but the overall experience would be much more enjoyable than PCR.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Closed Thread