Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-15-2008, 01:55 PM

Default Over Nighter

Going to the lake as soon as i can get outa work. A friend and i are gona analyze how easy it would be to drive on and go from there. But the goal is to fish all night and all day tomorrow to make up for some of the lost time from the cold streak.

Last year we did it with no success in the dark. Has anyone any advice on how i may get into some dark water eye's or burbs. Or anything to keep me from falling asleep? lol.

I've got lots of glowing hooks, and some nice stinky bait so they can sniff it out. Ne advice would be very appretiated! If someones advice in particular leads to just one night time fish I will disclose any and all information i aquire on the fishing trip to that person. Including the name of this lake that i love so much.

Cheers,

Potch
Old 02-15-2008, 03:30 PM

c'mon some one has to of gone fishing in the dark b4!! Lol
Old 02-15-2008, 03:33 PM

Hey Fisherpotch , Overnight fishin is always fun, We go out night fishin sometimes and we do okay, First off i would charge your glow jigs to the max put a nice stinky bait drop it down the hole and just start hammering off the bottom {stirring things up} and also at night i would try to find a weed line where it goes to sand, and fish in the sand just outside the weeds, anyway thats all i got good luck!
Old 02-15-2008, 03:35 PM

Been a few times myself with little luck, but i would say the glow in the dark lures, stinky bait, and lay the bait on bottom will help alot, but what is more important then that is location. It can make and break trip, and i guess it depends on what your going for. Sorry im not much help.

AKA MAVERICK
Old 02-15-2008, 05:07 PM

Thanks for speaking up guys lol. ya location is huge! And lord knows i love bottom bouncing.

I havn't had much luck for the night bite while ice fishing. The summer is a different story.

Gona start in a spot i havn't fished over nite yet good structure with lots vegitation. Only thing is i havn't seen how healthy the weeds are in like three weeks. It's more mud than sand though. If we get the truck on okay then i have the option of trying a few locations atleast. In which case I know where a rocky point meets with sand in like 10 - 15 ft of water with a weed bed near by. Thx guys. Tight lines.