Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-25-2009, 05:50 PM

Default Mildred Lake at Syncrude

Hey Guys
I discovered today that there are plenty of fish to be caught in Mildred lake at the Syncrude plant. Three of us had walleyes on at least every second cast and a couple 4-5 lbs northerns thrown in for a bonus. We also landed a perch on a walleye jig that must have been 14-15 inches long. This lake isn't listed anywhere and might have been stocked by Syncrude to monitor water quality or something but the fishing was fantastic. There's not much access except off highy 63 but its definitely worth a cast if you have an off night working in that area. We were just casting yellow twister tails and the action was non-stop all morning. About half the walleye have yellow tags that say "syncrude canada" so there is definitely some monitoring of this lake. If anybody has anymore info or can inquire with some friends at Syncrude, I really be interested to know more about this one.

Cheers
Old 06-25-2009, 09:09 PM

Default I hope you

didn't touch the water, the fish or the air.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:04 AM

where did you go on the lake ???i heard that you werent allowed to fish it but now that i know that ill definately be there since im just minutes away at suncor camp borialis
Old 07-02-2009, 09:53 PM

don't let security catch yeah if you are working there you could be kicked off site, or loose camp privelages.