Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-02-2009, 09:19 PM

Exclamation Fly FISHING NEED ADVICE!!!!

Hey evryone umm ya im planning a fly fishing trip for me and my dad and because he works all summer he doesnt get out much and because i dont get out much i need some advice on locations please. Alright so im thinking any advice on rivers where the catch rate is high but not to high like something where u have to work for it so im thinking rivers/creeks in areas like k-country,nordegg,hinton,southern a.b that would be great if u guys could help me out on these areas as much info as possible

thanks
Reason for Editing: posted it on my dads account didnt check if i was logged in sorry please post on this one instead
Old 07-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Banned

I like the grand cache area. The muskeg river is a perfect fit for my skill level. Challenging enough but I still usualy manage to do well, some nice size ones in there too. There is a rustic camp ground right on the river, I have the best luck from the campground down to the falls. Trolling large shrimp paterns in piere grays lakes has produced some of my biggest trout. There are lots of other nice creeks and lakes as well as some oddball holes that are fun to fish as well.

Last edited by Cal; 07-02-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:06 PM

do you have a boat? if you do i would put in at 22x in Calgary and float down to carseland camp overnight half way down and then float the rest to carseland 2 days of good fishing you will have a blast. if possible go during mid week lot less traffic on river there is a vehicle shuttle will drive your vehicle to carseland so it there when your there. took my dad last yr in aug had a blast weren't fly fishing just tossing spinners and raps caught lots of fish he still talks about still we just had a 12 ft aluminum with 4 hp merc some of the very good holes we would start the motor and head back up and float them again it was a blast.for what to use on the river check some of the fly fishing threads guys are good they will help you out have fun where ever you go
Old 07-02-2009, 11:19 PM

you could try all those little creeks and streams around rocky mountain house. Just take the logging roads to the south of rocky and stop where ever you see water. Tons of little spots to stop and alot of little brookies and browns willing to take a dry fly most of the summer.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:43 AM

North Ram river. Beautiful country, good fishing.