Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2020, 05:06 PM

Default Great news

Great news gents! I got my sheep back today. I wrote a letter to the Minister of the Environment detailing my situations and the discrepancies between the regulations and how the skull is measured.

I received a phone call on 23 December from a gentleman at AEP. He told me I would be having a Merry Christmas and receiving my sheep back once Christmas vacation ends on January 6.

I dropped my tools and went to pick it up as soon as I got the call today.

It sounds like they are in the business of returning sheep. He told me that he has already returned two other sheep and that they are trying to make things right for the hunters. He also stated that changes are on the way to fix the issues. No further detail was given on the potential changes.

I am eating sheep steaks with a wide smile on my face tonight. It was an emotional roller coaster that I don't wish to go through again. The stress it caused will be forgotten in the years to come with this beautiful animal hanging on my wall. I'm glad I am now left with more than pictures to commemorate this accomplishment and challenge.

If you know anyone else who is going through similar issues with the jig tell them to contact the Alberta Minister of the Environment immediately. I can also forward the letter I wrote to them or assist in the process if they PM me.