Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-22-2015, 09:28 PM

Default Strange Trail Cam Pics x 2

Hey guys/girls, I noticed someone posted about this but was kidding around...well I have a pretty weird one....Not sure what this tourist was doing this far into the bush.... I'm a little creeped out as this was 30-35 kms from any camp site or hiking trails.. in 402. Any missing persons reports lately? lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MFDC0330.jpg (66.6 KB, 1538 views)
Old 08-22-2015, 10:55 PM

She ain't exactly dressed for the occasion.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:04 AM

That's crazy. It looks like she is wearing flats or sandles, i'm sure a few tics would love that.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:09 AM

402 is roughly 25 km wide x 55 km long, with trails all over the place, don't worry she's not lost
Old 08-23-2015, 10:29 AM

Wink

Open season. No tag required.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:43 PM

That's strange that she is out in the middle of no where solo without proper gear. You might want to check some satellite images or have a walk around to see if there are trails, an equestrian campsite, or something like that near your hunting spot.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:48 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Nice doe!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-25-2015, 06:49 AM

Looks like you are salting there. Not exactly ethical if you plan on hunting that spot later. Or are you the outfitter that has been doing it for the past few years? Is this way up Dutch creek by chance.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKILR View Post
Looks like you are salting there. Not exactly ethical if you plan on hunting that spot later. Or are you the outfitter that has been doing it for the past few years? Is this way up Dutch creek by chance.

first off, nothing illegal or unethical about baiting for trail cams.

secondly, ethics has nothing to do with weather or not he hunts that spot, LAWS do.

thirdly, you just had to be "that guy" here hey.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:54 AM

Default why?

Why is this so strange?
402 has the forestry trunk road go right through and not to mention numerous side roads and trails. There are hiking trails in the area as well as a lot of geocaches and random camping spots.
Slow news day?
Nothing strange about this....
Old 08-25-2015, 08:04 AM
Banned

Wasn't there a young woman abducted(?) from CGY just a cpl weeks ago that was found wandering in K-Country?
Actually,I'm sure there was,read about it in Sun......er maybe heard about it on radio??
Either way....I wonder if that's her?
Old 08-25-2015, 08:07 AM

this is the exact reason why i hate T cams in wild places....god help the camera that takes a picture of me when i am in the bush minding my own business. God help the idiot who thinks its a good idea to post my picture on the internet under the guise of a "strange event".....
Old 08-25-2015, 08:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
this is the exact reason why i hate T cams in wild places....god help the camera that takes a picture of me when i am in the bush minding my own business. God help the idiot who thinks its a good idea to post my picture on the internet under the guise of a "strange event".....
Wow,sensitive!!
Guilty conscience perhaps?
Drug and abduct any Forest Lawn street walkers lately? :0
Old 08-25-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinr View Post
Wow,sensitive!!
Guilty conscience perhaps?
Drug and abduct any Forest Lawn street walkers lately? :0
no guilty conscience here......
Old 08-25-2015, 09:16 AM

QUOTE=drake;2939696]this is the exact reason why i hate T cams in wild places....god help the camera that takes a picture of me when i am in the bush minding my own business. God help the idiot who thinks its a good idea to post my picture on the internet under the guise of a "strange event".....[/QUOTE]

Old 08-25-2015, 09:25 AM

She don't look too distressed and seems like she has spotted the trail cam. Out for a walk with the BF who is out of camera view? I would think if she is lost and spotted a camera, you would at least have a few more pics so someone will eventually see it. Only she knows why she is out there.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:

What if the person who set up the cam is an ex CIA Agent who was a hitman? If he is reading this right now it may already be too late!!!
Old 08-25-2015, 09:46 AM

some of us value our privacy more than others...
Old 08-25-2015, 09:59 AM

You think a person on a trail cam in the busiest most traveled zone in Alberta is strange? And you post their picture online? That is creepy (you I mean). There is no areas more than 5 km from a trail in that zone, and it's that ladies right to be out there, just like yours. People need to get a life with these silly cameras.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:

God help!!!! Get over yourself tough guy !

Marten 2
Lynx. 2
Weasel 3
Wolf. 3
otter 5
fisher 2
beaver 3
fox 1
Mink 1
Coyote 1
Squirrel
Old 08-25-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark-edmonton View Post
God help!!!! Get over yourself tough guy !
not trying to be a tough guy....just giving the forum my opinion on trail cameras in wild places. seems i touched a nerve. Do you like getting photographed when you're out on your trapline minding your own business?
Old 08-25-2015, 10:41 AM

A good example that illustrates that our public lands are just that. Hunters do not have exclusive rights and should not be placing trail cams on public land.
To me a trail cam on public land is disgusting to encounter. If I go to the land to enjoy the wilds I sure don't want to encounter the trail cam paparazzi. Is no where sacred anymore?

If a hunter has to rely on trail cams to help their success, they aren't much of a hunter.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 08-25-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
not trying to be a tough guy....just giving the forum my opinion on trail cameras in wild places. seems i touched a nerve. Do you like getting photographed when you're out on your trapline minding your own business?

Well I do hear what your are saying, there is no reasonable expectation of privacy while on public land! And to me you did come off as a threatening tuff guy!

Marten 2
Lynx. 2
Weasel 3
Wolf. 3
otter 5
fisher 2
beaver 3
fox 1
Mink 1
Coyote 1
Squirrel
Old 08-25-2015, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
anything on public land from downtown to the middle of the boreal forest can be photographed
Old 08-25-2015, 10:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKILR View Post
As long as its gone before hunting season it isnt baiting.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark-edmonton View Post
Well I do hear what your are saying, there is no reasonable expectation of privacy while on public land! And to me you did come off as a threatening tuff guy!
on the contrary....I would argue there is an expectation of privancy in wild places. To each their own. I was maybe being a bit dramatic.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaWhitetail View Post
anything on public land from downtown to the middle of the boreal forest can be photographed
hope its not your tcam that takes my photo....
Old 08-25-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
on the contrary....I would argue there is an expectation of privancy in wild places. To each their own. I was maybe being a bit dramatic.

Perhaps just your choice if wording!

Marten 2
Lynx. 2
Weasel 3
Wolf. 3
otter 5
fisher 2
beaver 3
fox 1
Mink 1
Coyote 1
Squirrel
Old 08-25-2015, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
She don't look too distressed and seems like she has spotted the trail cam. Out for a walk with the BF who is out of camera view? I would think if she is lost and spotted a camera, you would at least have a few more pics so someone will eventually see it. Only she knows why she is out there.
Au contraire...I would say she does in fact look distressed,but I'm looking at it on iPhone so the detail is fuzzy when zoomed.
Also,hardly dressed properly for hiking,and fits the approximate time frame of that girl that was dumped off in KC a few weeks ago....just wondering if that's possibly her?

Fwiw,I could care less where anybody hangs a trail cam,although admit it's a bit dissappointing when I find one in my latest "secret" honey holes,lol.....but I usually have fun with it when I do find one.
Seems as though some here might be inclined to steal or destroy them?
If somebody wants to post pics of me on the I-net having a dump,I hope they send me a cut of any money they earn from it,lol.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post

If a hunter has to rely on trail cams to help their success, they aren't much of a hunter.
Trail cams will never help anybody with a successful hunt; HOWEVER, they are used as means of scouting to help one decide if he wants to actually spend time hunting there. Why waste time hunting an area with little to no game?