Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-31-2022, 11:10 AM

Default Pierce Lake

Heading up to Pierce tomorrow for a few days. I've never been up there this early (usually go in August) so wondering if anyone on here has been up there at the beginning of June? Guessing the lakers will still be up top or in the shallows? Was thinking of heading to where the Cold Lake river comes into the lake as the water may be a bit warmer. In August we had great success along the south shore with a 3 way rig to get our spoons down deep but assume it's going to be a different story at this time of the year? Thanks!
Old 05-31-2022, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk View Post
Heading up to Pierce tomorrow for a few days. I've never been up there this early (usually go in August) so wondering if anyone on here has been up there at the beginning of June? Guessing the lakers will still be up top or in the shallows? Was thinking of heading to where the Cold Lake river comes into the lake as the water may be a bit warmer. In August we had great success along the south shore with a 3 way rig to get our spoons down deep but assume it's going to be a different story at this time of the year? Thanks!
Haven't been up there for years, used to go in early June. You're right to head towards the Cold River. IIRC there was bay to the south that had a sunken boat full of rocks we caught lots of Lakers in this area trolling. Was quite shallow if memory serves me correct likely 20ft or less.

BW
Old 05-31-2022, 01:30 PM

Cool....never ventured into that bay, I'll have to go check it out. Thanks!
Old 05-31-2022, 04:51 PM

Do you still have to pay for being in a provincial park at pierce lake for every day you are there ?
Old 06-16-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk View Post
How was the fishing during your trip?
Old 06-17-2022, 08:03 PM

Any opinions on the Sandy beach campground? Looking at staying there in July for a while. Thinking it might be a nice central place to hit a few different lakes but have never camped there. Will be wall tenting it but do like to have power and showers if possible for the longer summer trips.

Thought I'd just post here other than starting a new thread hope that's ok.