Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-10-2017, 11:35 AM

Default Where to find older maps around the 1960-70 era

Hello all. I am trying to source a map of the Duck Mountain Provincial park from the years between 1961 to 1971. Having a heck of a time finding anything. I tried Map Town but to no avail.

The reason i am looking for such a map is that after the fire in '61. Many trails were made which are now grown in. There were lots of saw mills that were in the bush but the trails are becoming unidentifiable. And my memory isn't what it used to be.

If anybody knows where one could find such a map, please pass it on.

Thanks in advance
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" 1935-Adolf Hitler
Old 10-13-2017, 05:08 PM

Any leads would be appreciated.
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" 1935-Adolf Hitler
Old 10-13-2017, 05:28 PM

I once wanted to locate a certain area that I hunted in the mid 60s and only remembered the names of landowners who have since sold and/or passed. I contacted the md office and although they did not have a map for sale they located a map for that time and copied the rough area for me.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:23 AM

You could try the provincial archives in Saskatchewan. In Alberta they have old maps at the archives.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 10-14-2017, 06:17 AM

Default I don't know if this helps.

I don't know where Duck mountain is but ask the county where Duck mountain is situated if they have Ariel photos of the area in the time frame that interests you. Many Alberta counties have old and treasured photos that you can go and look at.

Good luck.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:27 AM

Are these the duck mountains in Manitoba Saskatchewan border

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
Are these the duck mountains in Manitoba Saskatchewan border

Yes they are
Old 10-14-2017, 09:05 AM

Too bad I had Maps from that area from 20 years ago I gave them all to my son and he thought the dump was a better place for them go figure