Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-07-2016, 12:24 PM

Default What woodstove for Trailer/Shop?

Hey Guys, looking to get some opinions on the best woodstove for an open 10'X 50' trailer with no internal walls (converted to shop). Trailer has standard insulation and all internal walls have been removed so one continuous open space. Windows may be a little leaky but I'm thinking I won't need a big stove and I'm worried any conventional wood stove may be too big.

I'm thinking maybe a walltent cylinder style woodstove may be best. Will only be used in weather down to -10C and probably will only be used a couple times per week during winter. My concern with the wall tent style if any would be size of wood it can take, burn time and ability to throttle heat. Can they handle 500sqft of insulated space. Any links to manufacturers appreciated. Looking to keep this cheap but safe.

Any other wood ideas also welcome...I have unlimited wood so would like to utilize that.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Old 03-07-2016, 12:31 PM

I haven't actually used these stoves myself. They are designed to go in small spaces and are a gasifying stove with a secondary burn. Effecency numbers they are pushing are pretty impressive. Might be worth having g a look at.

https://www.unforgettablefirellc.com...id-wood-stove/
Old 03-07-2016, 06:16 PM

http://fourdog.com/

I bought the 2 Dog stove (smallest they make) for my ice shack and couldn't be happier. They have an airtight door with adjustable intake that will choke the fire out in 30 minutes if closed completely. The inside has a baffle to force heat along the entire top making it ideal for cooking food on. They're also available with nesting stove pipes with damper, side shelf and a 3.5 gallon stainless water tank on the side. I can't tell you how great it is to have hot water in an ice shack. They're not the cheapest stoves but you get what you pay for, in this case it's a quality stove that can control the temperature easily with lots of features not available on most stoves.