Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 09:11 PM

what is the email address where i can reach the Sun editor ?

thanks
Old 08-02-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
The video was re-posted to YT by Carl Wagar of Rocky Mtn. House.

---

Here is a link to the video itself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-g7Ie0nr2k

Here is a link to the original poster of the video
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shax1101

Link to the guy who filmed it...
http://www.youtube.com/user/thedeclined2004

--

See / join the Facebook "Catch The Poachers" group.. for more info.. and video stills. Pass it along.

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search...d=145886442984
Old 08-02-2009, 09:25 PM

Just going through some of the videos "theundeclined2004" has posted.

First name is "James"
residences include Sask and Ontario

Also, the first shot in the original video has one guy shooting at a bird on a sign. The sign sure looks like a map. Anyone able to get a better look at it than I can?

Last edited by dcutter; 08-02-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaverflats View Post
Hey everyone I have started a facebook group "GET THE POACHERS". Join up and pass it along. Facebook is a big group of people to the the word out to.

Well done!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Bob View Post
The video was re-posted to YT by Carl Wagar of Rocky Mtn. House.

See / join the Facebook "Catch The Poachers" group.. for more info.. and video stills. Pass it along.

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search...d=145886442984
Hey Ranger I would like to take credit for posting it but I think it was one of our other hard working memebers on here james m I believe. Gotta give credit were it is due. I only snatched the links from this forum to start the Facebook thing. Keep investigating and passing everything along everybody!

I think the hunting community as a whole deserves a pat on the back for getting the ball rolling on this one. Here's hopin it all pays off
Old 08-02-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Here's the letter I posted to the "journalist" who wrote the article.

Mr Dormer

While I am sure you have likely already recieved mail regarding your (or your editors) erroneous categorization of these criminals as "hunters", I thought it would be prudent to make absolutely sure you got the correct information. These sorry characters are called "poachers" or even simply "***holes". To call them hunters is grossly inaccurate and is an insult to the respectable hunting community throughout Canada, and everywhere else for that matter. Misinformation from inaccurate reporting feeds prejudice against hunters from gulliable people who have read poorly written/edited articles. The fact that these guys possess firearms makes them hunters no more than a person with a pen and a laptop PC qualifies as a journalist. In both instances its not the tools, but how well they are or aren't used.

Regards, Stuart
Bravo Stuart!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaverflats View Post

Hey Ranger I would like to take credit for posting it but I think it was one of our other hard working memebers on here james m I believe. Gotta give credit were it is due.
Yes, it was indeed me. I opened the dummy "Lotteryticketsrule" channel just to upload the vid. Thanks Beaverflats.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Suspended User

Default nexopia

One name provided on the legal age forum.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_m View Post
Yes, it was indeed me. I opened the dummy "Lotteryticketsrule" channel just to upload the vid. Thanks Beaverflats.
Well done James! Let's hope they get nabbed now!
Old 08-03-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bull View Post
Two of the names are Dave and Jer.
Here are some frames that I took from their pathetic video:

Just bumping their faces.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
they still refer to them as hunters though...grrrr...
I don't know why any of you expected it to be different. As a community we have to handle these things but I really have to question the urge to publicize it as some of you have.

This video will be used against ALL of us.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:06 AM
gitrdun

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrushoutdoors View Post
what is the email address where i can reach the Sun editor ?
dave.dormer@sunmedia.ca
Old 08-03-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
I don't know why any of you expected it to be different. As a community we have to handle these things but I really have to question the urge to publicize it as some of you have.

This video will be used against ALL of us.
we as hunter's and outdoors people have a obligation to see that these people are caught and brought to justice! by publicizing on a forum like this will do 2 things. 1 it will show that as hunters we are more appalled by this dispicable act and people with any knowledge or reasonable thought will see this! 2. as a large forum we have the ability and the responsibility to spread the word to try and catch these people and by doing that we show the general public that we are as outraged as they! your statement that the vid will be used against us you are probably correct! but the anti's do not need much of a reason...do they! one of the biggest reason this came to light was this forum!

for that i am appreciative and with the help of this forum these guys will get whats comming to them!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:14 PM

This is the first time I looked at this thread. I am at a loss for words, seriously, that is sickening, and pathetic beyond belief. Great work for all that are involved in finding these d*cks!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 07:34 PM

IT MADE OTTAWA!!!

http://www.ottawasun.com/news/canada...38826-sun.html

Saskatchewan wildlife officials are hunting for three men who videotaped themselves laughing and cheering while killing ducks and then posted the video on YouTube.

"It's just disgusting," said Darrell Crabbe, executive director of the Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation.

In the video, one man is seen shooting ducks on a small pond with an air gun. The video then cuts to two men shooting ducks with a .22 rifle.

Duck hunting season doesn't begin until September.

Crabbe said the three men could be charged with careless use of a firearm as well as poaching and face fines up to $10,000 each.

From the video authorities know the make of the vehicle the men used and their first names. They also have clear pictures of each of their faces.

Crabbe said it's likely the video was made in southwestern Saskatchewan or southeastern Alberta.

"I wouldn't doubt if these guys have a knock at their door within a week," he said.

"In Saskatchewan we have a dedicated prosecutor who will go after them hard and heavy."
Old 08-03-2009, 07:35 PM

And also this site:

http://outdoorswithothmarvohringer.b...-outraged.html
Old 08-03-2009, 07:44 PM

Interesting quote from one of the articles

This outrages video has show ones again that if it matters hunters are on the forefront of environmental and wildlife protection banding nationwide together in an effort to bring law violators to justice. On a interesting side note, as hard as I searched on the Internet I couldn’t find any animal rights organization making any mention of that outrages video. I guess they wait until the perpetrators are caught to use the occasion to launch a “ban hunting” campaign.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_m View Post
That's my column which I posted early this morning and two hours later had over 1000 views. In the afternoon I got an email from a person who lets me know that he thinks that he knows the guy in the picture and that he informed the authorities over the 1-800 number that I provided in my column.

I believe that with all the hunter input from all over Chanda the noose is tightening around these punks necks.

Lets hope they get them sooner rather then later.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntwriter View Post
In the afternoon I got an email from a person who lets me know that he thinks that he knows the guy in the picture and that he informed the authorities over the 1-800 number that I provided in my column.

Lets hope they get them sooner rather then later.
Sounds like we're getting close to where the cops can have a nice little 'chat' with these guys. I'm guessing tommorrow or early in the week we'll find out who these guys are.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:08 PM

Thumbs up Hope they catch them soon.

Congrats to all of you who were a part of this, big or small.
Youve definately making a difference.

It is amazing what a group of people can do when they are all pulling in the same direction.

Also good to see the usual pessimistic hecklers keeping their nose out of this.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Map Maker View Post

It is amazing what a group of people can do when they are all pulling in the same direction.
It truly is amazing. This lets me wish that hunters could stand like this shoulder on shoulder and put aside controversy within our own ranks when the issue is about protecting our rights as hunters.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark007 View Post
"we as hunter's and outdoors people have a obligation to see that these people are caught and brought to justice! by publicizing on a forum like this will do 2 things. 1 it will show that as hunters we are more appalled by this dispicable act and people with any knowledge or reasonable thought will see this! 2. as a large forum we have the ability and the responsibility to spread the word to try and catch these people and by doing that we show the general public that we are as outraged as they! your statement that the vid will be used against us you are probably correct! but the anti's do not need much of a reason...do they! one of the biggest reason this came to light was this forum! . . . "
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo View Post
"After reading only some of this thread, and realizing that this forum is public, and this forum may just become even more visible as a result of the unfortunate events that are the subject of this thread, I urge members to remain calm and corporate. Any members who are corresponding with the media and/or law enforcement, please remember that in so doing you are representing the hunting/conservationist community we so highly covet.

Please choose your language thoughtfully, respectfully and, please, refrain from using expletives and profanity, lest we be "tarred with the same brush", so to speak. This is your chance to distance yourselves from those whom you would not include in the hunting/conservationist community . . . "

Two recent posts well worth repeating ^.

Let's continue to help put these 'creeps-with-guns' behind bars. And along the way, make it very clear that they are NOT Hunters.

TF
Old 08-03-2009, 08:40 PM

Seeing as much attention as this is getting, I think we need an 8ft by 10ft poster of this scumbags face.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetailnut View Post
Seeing as much attention as this is getting, I think we need an 8ft by 10ft poster of this scumbags face.
Or a billboard on the QE2.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:59 PM

From the Facebook Group "Get The Poacher":

Jeremiah Bass wrote
at 9:12pm
Something must have happened, all of the links to the owner of the first video and the one for James aka the declined are no longer working, says accounts are closed.

I just verified.. and indeed the accounts are closed. Either by themselves to cover up their tracks... or by authorities. In any case, I think they realize just how deep they are in it now.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 PM

Are the accounts coming up as "This account is closed" or "This account is suspended"? Closed means they closed it themselves (chickened out), suspended would mean youtube gave them the boot.

EDIT: The answer is A, CHICKEN BUCK-BWUCK

They realized how much crap they got themselves into. I wonder how much sleep they'll get tonight.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:11 PM

Hopefully the authorities will press firearms act charges as well as game act violations.These morons deserve a criminal record for their actions.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:15 PM

Haahahaaaaaaa bring on the coppers!!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:27 PM
sheephunter

What does everyone think the one kid has tucked in his waistband at 2:43?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
What does everyone think the one kid has tucked in his waistband at 2:43?
Watching it slowed down to 1/10 speed from 2:43 - 2:48, my guess is a pistol.

The way his t-shirt folds up on it and the way it holds his shorts out a bit, it's definitely something, not just his underwear.
Closed Thread