Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:55 AM

Default Blogging for service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Doe View Post
I REALLY wish that people would just quit using this forum or any other ones to mouth off a certain business. I work at Wholesale Sports in the Archery Department and we have had our fair amount of bashing on this forum as well. Come on you guys...you were born with balls...use them! Take it up with the store itself and quit looking for sympathy on here. Lets face it...when a thread is put on hear such as this one, the motive is usually because the person writing it is ****ed off and wants everyone to know it and is hoping that other people will not support that particular business. How can any of us Archery stores help you on this site????
I'm glad your ****ed off. Maybe you could instill a little customer service into the folks at your store. Nothing like walking into WSS and having to stomach your employees attitudes. Many shoppers here have approached the managers about the lack of service and smiles but have we seen a change? No, not even with the recent change in ownership. As for Sherwood Park archery there has been a noticeable change in attitudes since the buy out and not for the better either. Since their usually out of stock on most of the items I need, I order online through small distributors. So if the people wish to use this site to bring an honest opinion on customer service issues, blog away and maybe soon we'll see a change.

Road hunting is not hunting.

Last edited by DuckBrat; 03-20-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
I REALLY wish that people would just quit using this forum or any other ones to mouth off a certain business. I work at Wholesale Sports in the Archery Department and we have had our fair amount of bashing on this forum as well. Come on you guys...you were born with balls...use them! Take it up with the store itself and quit looking for sympathy on here. Lets face it...when a thread is put on hear such as this one, the motive is usually because the person writing it is ****ed off and wants everyone to know it and is hoping that other people will not support that particular business. How can any of us Archery stores help you on this site????
That's funny because I was in WSS in the Archery dept. the day before this incident. The people helped me out and were very friendly. Unfortunately their was a lack of product which the employees also pointed out. I've never got anything negative to say about WSS except for one younger guy behind the rifle counter.... but that's another story.
Doe thanks for your input but unfortunately for you and other companies, I will continue to post my thoughts about certain stores and their employees. If good customer service is delivered this shouldn't be an issue.
The manager of SPAL was very professional and kind when replying to this thread and to a PM I sent and I can respect that. It shows that there is an attempt towards bettering their services. Whether or not the employees can follow through with that is the challenge.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:24 AM

i've always had good service from both SPA and trophy book. and i like being ably to walk into a shop and be able to B.S with the boy's. i took a lot of ribbing for missing my doe with my bow last year from dallas and the guys. but they where right there to help me out when i had a problem with my old bow. and they where also the first to congradulate me when i got my deer. they can come on a little strong at times. but i would rather shop in a place where i can joke with the owner than in a shop where everyone is uptight.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Alberta Doe

It was not me that posted the thread about Sherwood Park. It was Albertabowhunter who had a bad experience as well and decided to post a thread. I guess I would like to think that people can make up their own minds about a store rather than go on hearsay. I am not at all saying that what happened at Sherwood Park that day did not happen. This was not my point. My point was that if a person is unhappy about service they received from a business then go to the business directly to resolve it. How can any of us help the matter? It does not matter where I go shopping...I have good service and bad service everywhere. If I am getting bad service I address it right away instead of feeling crappy about it and coming to a website to vent. Do you really think that fixes things? Lets face it...PR and customer service sucks now a days. Why let people get away with it by walking out feeling like ****? Tell person A or person B that you do not appreciate how you are being treated and if they do not wish to treat you with respect then you will take your business elsewhere thus the meaning "use your balls".
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt_and_fish View Post
I for one am glad Jeromeo came on here and told his story. Alberta Doe, weren't you on here only a few months ago with complaints about the same company? Seems a little unfair to call Jeromeo out for doing the same thing. If a fellow hunter has had a bad experience at a local business, whether its WSS or any other one, then I want to hear about it. I can make my own mind up on how I decide to use that information. Most times it probably won't keep me from going to a store but it will put up a red flag.

Those of you saying you don't see anything wrong and that it sounds like good service - did you read the story? It's unacceptable to try to make a customer feel bad about using old equipment. Do they honestly think they can shoot that much better with a 2009 bow than a well-tuned bow from 2000? Like Cat said, the equipment race is a joke, it's 95% about ego.

In SPAs defense, both times I've seen complaints on here about them, someone from the store has come on here and responded in a respectful manner. I think that speaks volumes about the type of company they are trying to be.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Banned

hey partner...a very good family freind of mine owns an archery outfitting/ meat cutting business here in edmonton....he is extrememly knowledgeable and will not ever try to sell u anything you dont need....if u wanted to check him out for future archery/hunting/meatcutting needs check out www.buffalovalley.ca/swampdonkey/index.htm ... tell him big tim sent u...i think ull be impressed with his service and most importantly his knowledge of the sport

Last edited by jacob1202; 03-20-2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: wrong address
Old 03-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Alberta Doe

I do not find what you post or do not post to be an unfortunate thing for me. You do what you must. I am simply saying that I don't respect tattle tales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeo View Post
That's funny because I was in WSS in the Archery dept. the day before this incident. The people helped me out and were very friendly. Unfortunately their was a lack of product which the employees also pointed out. I've never got anything negative to say about WSS except for one younger guy behind the rifle counter.... but that's another story.
Doe thanks for your input but unfortunately for you and other companies, I will continue to post my thoughts about certain stores and their employees. If good customer service is delivered this shouldn't be an issue.
The manager of SPAL was very professional and kind when replying to this thread and to a PM I sent and I can respect that. It shows that there is an attempt towards bettering their services. Whether or not the employees can follow through with that is the challenge.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:50 AM

I have never had a problem in Wholesale Sports. Staff have always been nice to me maybe it is because I approach them in a friendly manner and not as the all knowing gift from god outdoorsman!
Old 03-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Alberta Doe

Your just another number explaining how disgruntled you feel about Wholesale and I can validate you on this as there is a whole ****load of people who need to be canned that work there. As for the managers...no comment. I have had my fair share of go arounds with some of them. My question to you is have you actually asked to speak to one of them and actually walk him up to the idiot that served you in a poor manner and let him know what happened? If not...don't bitch because you are basically letting them get away with it and walk all over you which in turn will not resolve or change anything.
Happy posting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckBrat View Post
I'm glad your ****ed off. Maybe you could instill a little customer service into the folks at your store. Nothing like walking into WSS and having to stomach your employees attitudes. Many shoppers here have approached the managers about the lack of service and smiles but have we seen a change? No, not even with the recent change in ownership. As for Sherwood Park archery there has been a noticeable change in attitudes since the buy out and not for the better either. Since their usually out of stock on most of the items I need, I order online through small distributors. So if the people wish to use this site to bring an honest opinion on customer service, blog away and maybe soon we'll see a change.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Alberta Doe

For the record...I don't think anything or anyone makes you happy Duckbrat!
Quote:
Your just another number explaining how disgruntled you feel about Wholesale and I can validate you on this as there is a whole ****load of people who need to be canned that work there. As for the managers...no comment. I have had my fair share of go arounds with some of them. My question to you is have you actually asked to speak to one of them and actually walk him up to the idiot that served you in a poor manner and let him know what happened? If not...don't bitch because you are basically letting them get away with it and walk all over you which in turn will not resolve or change anything.
Happy posting!!
Old 03-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Alberta Doe

What is really funny is the amazing amounts of PM's I am getting from members expressing what a bunch of un confident babies that are on this thread!
Old 03-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Alberta Doe

Now there is a good point! Alot of customers want to come in just to express how much they think they know about the great outdoors. I know for certain that if Duckbrat came in and I smiled at him and said hello I would get nothing more than a grunt if even that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
I have never had a problem in Wholesale Sports. Staff have always been nice to me maybe it is because I approach them in a friendly manner and not as the all knowing gift from god outdoorsman!
Old 03-20-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
[COLOR="Red"]It was not me that posted the thread about Sherwood Park. It was Albertabowhunter who had a bad experience as well and decided to post a thread.
Alberta Doe, I know it wasn't you that started the thread but you did post on it. Hear is part of what you said:
Quote:
Part of being a business owner is being able to swallow the good input and the bad. Instead of getting defensive about the negative input, learn from it and try to correct it.
I completely agree with this.

Quote:
I do not find what you post or do not post to be an unfortunate thing for me. You do what you must. I am simply saying that I don't respect tattle tales.
I still don't see how what Jermoeo did by starting this thread is any different than what Albertabowhunter did. I really don't see it as tattle tailing. To me it's informing the hunting community.

Last edited by hunt_and_fish; 03-20-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Alberta Doe

We will have to agree to disagree. Nothing gets changed or resolved on this thread. All it does is creates drama. I stand by everything you quoted me on and it confirms what I have been saying on this thread.

You sure went to alot of work!
Quote:
Alberta Doe, I know it wasn't you that started the thread but you did post on it. Hear is part of what you said:

I still don't see how what Jermoeo did by starting this thread is any different than what Albertabowhunter did. I really don't see it as tattle tailing. To me it's informing the hunting community.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Alberta Doe

For the record...I DON'T agree with what ABH did as well and he knows this and you are right...there is no difference between what ABH did and Jermoeo. I never argued this.
Quote:

Old 03-20-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
We will have to agree to disagree.
Sounds good. I don't think our opinions are all that different anyway. We both agree that stores should be held accountable for their customer service, just by different means.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Alberta Doe

Exactly!
Quote:
Sounds good. I don't think our opinions are all that different anyway. We both agree that stores should be held accountable for their customer service, just by different means.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Exactly!
FWIW, I was in WSS a few weeks back and talked briefly with you.
The first words out of your mouth were " hello, can I be of help?
Find what you're looking for?"
Unfortunetly you did not have any glue on Judos , which is what I was looking for, but thank you for speaking up and not waithing for me to ask you to help me first!
Cat
Old 03-20-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Now there is a good point! Alot of customers want to come in just to express how much they think they know about the great outdoors. I know for certain that if Duckbrat came in and I smiled at him and said hello I would get nothing more than a grunt if even that.
If you want me to grunt, strap on a pair of deer antlers.

Road hunting is not hunting.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Alberta Doe

Strapping on a pair of antlers to hear you grunt? I'll do it!!

Last edited by Alberta Doe; 03-20-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:45 PM

Times are changing, and changing fast. I do not know of anyone who has stopped to talk to a manager everytime we have had lousy service somewhere. If we did I'm sure we would all be at our wits end, because service certainly is not what it used to be.............or.............are we all turning into our parents?

Anyways, my point is that the web is becoming way more prevalent in our everyday lives. It is a convenient medium for everything from ordering pizza to complaining about WSS or SPAL. Have you ever come home from shopping and complained to your better half about crappy service? Of course you have. And if you say no, we all know you are a liar. Coming on here is a way of venting, and getting things off of your shoulders.

Some people consider other board members friends, even though they have never met. They come here to talk with friends and let them know what their experiences are. And I for one believe that is a totally valid way of getting info out there. And I also believe that forums such as this can be an invaluable resource for business owners.

AlbertaDoe, just some food for thought, that you probably already know. 90% of people that have a bad experience will not complain to a manager. But they will tell all of their friends about it. IMO telling your buddies at the gym is no different than posting it on here.

And sometimes, when a customer is really ****ed off, he needs to cool off before he/or she talks to a manager. Then what do you do when the manager is a "dickbeater"?

k
Old 03-20-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by depopulator View Post
So let me see if I got this right:

1. You went in to buy some arrows. Right when you walked into the store you were asked if you needed help and were directed to where you could select some arrows.

2. You told him that you would like some 26" arrow total length and they wanted to measure you up to ensure you got the proper length arrows.

3. After they got you proper arows and cut them, you were handed off to individual A who talked to you about your bow and some of the features it has.

4. Then they got you sighted in and it shot great groups and you were very satisfied.

Sorry, but other than some ribbing (likely all in good fun that you may have taken too serious - maybe ??) it sounds like dam good service to me.

Quote:
For the few dollars you spent there and the wealth of service you received in return, you should be ashamed of yourself for causing all this fuss on this forum. It is obvious that you don't have the maturity and self esteem to have actually handled this in-person like an adult. And coming on here to cry about it - what an absolute joke. I can see from your posts on this thread you are the type that pretty much needs their hand held and ego stroked to be happy.

I am glad the manager of SPAL has been a stand up guy through all this, 'cause if I was him I would have told you long ago to definitely take your business elsewhere and never show your face in there again. It is never a win-win with children like yourself.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:54 PM

Please keep my name out of this. I may have made a mistake ealier, but it has been rectified the proper way. So please, if you want to argue/discuss this stuff, fine, just leave my name out of it,

Thank you.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Alberta Doe

A comment was made about me starting a thread a while back about Sherwood Park. You know it was not me as well as I do. I was clarifying who actually made the thread which was you. I hope you don't expect me to take the rap for a thread you started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertabowhunter View Post
Please keep my name out of this. I may have made a mistake ealier, but it has been rectified the proper way. So please, if you want to argue/discuss this stuff, fine, just leave my name out of it,

Thank you.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Alberta Doe

AlbertaDoe, just some food for thought, that you probably already know. 90% of people that have a bad experience will not complain to a manager. But they will tell all of their friends about it. IMO telling your buddies at the gym is no different than posting it on here.

I'm in the other 10 percent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeks View Post
Times are changing, and changing fast. I do not know of anyone who has stopped to talk to a manager everytime we have had lousy service somewhere. If we did I'm sure we would all be at our wits end, because service certainly is not what it used to be.............or.............are we all turning into our parents?

Anyways, my point is that the web is becoming way more prevalent in our everyday lives. It is a convenient medium for everything from ordering pizza to complaining about WSS or SPAL. Have you ever come home from shopping and complained to your better half about crappy service? Of course you have. And if you say no, we all know you are a liar. Coming on here is a way of venting, and getting things off of your shoulders.

Some people consider other board members friends, even though they have never met. They come here to talk with friends and let them know what their experiences are. And I for one believe that is a totally valid way of getting info out there. And I also believe that forums such as this can be an invaluable resource for business owners.

And sometimes, when a customer is really ****ed off, he needs to cool off before he/or she talks to a manager. Then what do you do when the manager is a "dickbeater"?

k
Old 03-20-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
For the few dollars you spent there and the wealth of service you received in return, you should be ashamed of yourself for causing all this fuss on this forum. It is obvious that you don't have the maturity and self esteem to have actually handled this in-person like an adult. And coming on here to cry about it - what an absolute joke. I can see from your posts on this thread you are the type that pretty much needs their hand held and ego stroked to be happy.

I am glad the manager of SPAL has been a stand up guy through all this, 'cause if I was him I would have told you long ago to definitely take your business elsewhere and never show your face in there again. It is never a win-win with children like yourself.
Did I do something wrong? I went into a store to buy arrows and shoot a bit. I guess that's a major violation. I posted my thoughts and frustrations about the store and how I was treated. I'm sorry that offended you so much.
I won't even post a response to your name calling as the second grade ended years ago for me.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
.....as the second grade ended years ago for me.
Apparently it has not ended for you. If it did you would have handled it in person like an adult at the time. Instead you chose to snivel on a forum with no other intent that to discredit a very reputable business in the archery community, which actually gave you exactly the service you went there for. How ironic ?
Old 03-20-2009, 06:44 PM

I'm in the other 10 percent...[/QUOTE]

I am mostly too. But one time the manager was such a nitwit (at a restaurant no less) that he asked me if I would like to take it outside and settle it like men?

So I said to him, sure, and me and the wife stepped outside with him and I said ok are you ready? And I stepped back. He looked at me kinda puzzled and I said ok, now my wife is gonna kick your ass cuz it was her meal that was effed up. And she stepped forward. He headed for the door.

That was a nice meal.

I could tell you restaurant it was, but I don't want to offend anyone. Or is it ok to talk about it if you have addressed it with management?

k
Old 03-20-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Apparently it has not ended for you. If it did you would have handled it in person like an adult at the time. Instead you chose to snivel on a forum with no other intent that to discredit a very reputable business in the archery community, which actually gave you exactly the service you went there for. How ironic ?

OR he simply wanted to make people aware of what really did happen. If the guy was rude and obnoxious then Jeromeo has every rite to come in here and complain. He did not discredit anyone especially if the service that was as he described. No matter how good the help was it doesn't give the guy behind the counter the rite to be arogant to the customer. With the web as it is today people in the service industry have to watcg their step as it can come back to bite them.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Alberta Doe

Or is it ok to talk about it if you have addressed it with management?

Ha ha ha HA! Very funny wise guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeks View Post
I'm in the other 10 percent...
I am mostly too. But one time the manager was such a nitwit (at a restaurant no less) that he asked me if I would like to take it outside and settle it like men?

So I said to him, sure, and me and the wife stepped outside with him and I said ok are you ready? And I stepped back. He looked at me kinda puzzled and I said ok, now my wife is gonna kick your ass cuz it was her meal that was effed up. And she stepped forward. He headed for the door.

That was a nice meal.

I could tell you restaurant it was, but I don't want to offend anyone. Or is it ok to talk about it if you have addressed it with management?

k[/QUOTE]
Old 03-20-2009, 10:33 PM

Jeromeo, you didn't do anything wrong from what I see. Good review! accurate from what I hear..from numerous friends and aquaintances of mine.

Maybe these places should get mystery shopped...A completely unbiased review of service, knowledge and inventory.

I believe you used your "balls" LMFAO since you talked to SPAL in a PM.

Quit knocking this guy for giving a review.

CP

P.s jeromeo keep posting the experiences you have at the shops you go to, when they see it all over the internet they will smarten up or go out of business...Try JimBows in Calgary I have had great service from him.
"If it gobbles, quacks, bugles or grunts, chances are I’ve chased it more than a time or two. Droppin’ the hammer and closin’ the coffin on anything with antlers, feathers or fur just never gets old."
Micheal Waddell....... just a cool cat IMO

"there is more fun in hunting with the handi cap of a bow than the sureness of a gun."
Fred Bear........ probobly the greatest hunter to ever live, definately the most respected.
Closed Thread