Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-20-2023, 05:02 PM

If government is screaming it from the rooftops, you can be sure it's bull, and their plan is to separate us from our money. The thought that the government cares about the people, nevermind the planet is, laughable.
Old 03-20-2023, 05:14 PM

If the conservative party of canada want to take over, why do they not say they will eliminate the carbon tax or at least cut it back 90%. Ya right. Maybe all the greenies that are on board with this, we need to fight the climate change should venture out and voice their opinions and wage their war in the countries that are producing the most crap in the air. Turdope and the media are the cause of the panic. Government seems to think they can tax their way out of it. How much money is actually going to that cause? Where are the numbers and the proof? Oh maybe slap myself upside the head Government sponsored agencies to reflect where the money is spent. Our tax money might being going to the oil being imported from outside Canada by Sparkle Socks. POS (Personal Opinion Suggests). Just a guess
Old 03-20-2023, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
I don't think the subject matter is as cut and dry as you make it. Excess greenhouse gases do play a role in the earths atmosphere. These gases are naturally produced, but the addition of more is not going to be a positive in the long run. I don't have the smarts to begin to understand it all, but I do know the more carbon taxes I pay, the less money I have.

We know plants consume CO2, I remember reading that if every Canadian planted one tree per year, we would be carbon neutral again. This makes more sense to me if the science is accurate, build more parks, plant more trees, encourage habitat restoration, ext. Regardless if this works, our country would be a better place because of it....
How many trees has the federal government planted, since they implemented the carbon tax? How many trees have the oilsands companies planted? That alone should tell you something
Old 03-20-2023, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
How many trees has the federal government planted, since they implemented the carbon tax? How many trees have the oilsands companies planted? That alone should tell you something
I've been doing my part for at least in my yard for the better part of 30 yrs. I have 4 healthy 35ft spruce trees in my backyard and a 25ft ash in the front. I live in Pineridge NE Calgary. I do have a good size lot but no acreage by no means. I want my carbon tax rebate. LOL
Old 03-20-2023, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
I've been doing my part for at least in my yard for the better part of 30 yrs. I have 4 healthy 35ft spruce trees in my backyard and a 25ft ash in the front. I live in Pineridge NE Calgary. I do have a good size lot but no acreage by no means. I want my carbon tax rebate. LOL
I’m doing my part as well. In fact, just this morning after reading this I went to feed cows. I gave them a good talking too and they all promise to quit farting.
Old 03-20-2023, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
I’m doing my part as well. In fact, just this morning after reading this I went to feed cows. I gave them a good talking too and they all promise to quit farting.
HA HA HA almost spit out my taters and gravy.
Old 03-20-2023, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Farting cows are like Vegans. They both eat grass and greens and the both fart. They should tax vegans more!

BW
Old 03-20-2023, 06:21 PM

This so called forecasted by many armageddon that has been for a long time preached upon us( ie. politicians, media, Gore, and that little ugly no mind girl...what's her name?). And many made millions by doing that. Follow the money folks.

Unfortunately, today's snowflakes/far left politicians/media that can't/won't tell the difference between a man and a woman, or believe a man can get pregnant, are perplexed by this alleged phenomena. Again, follow the money.

Mother Nature will continue to do what she has done best for the past million years. Ain't gonna change anytime soon. And many of us won't be around for the next big one.

And...when the rich and famous/politicians quit buying beach front properties around the world, I "may" be a "little" worried about it.

But unfortunately, we will continue to get raped with the Carbon Taxes...and yet once again, follow the money.

Rant over...
Old 03-20-2023, 07:24 PM

i kinda wish "climate change" would hurry up and wash out most of the coastal cities on the planet , that would be a lot of liberals and "scientists" washed away . maybe we could stop getting screwed by them then.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:47 PM

To eliminate fossil fuel in 12 years mean a lot of people are going starve. There is no way the farming industry will be electric by then.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:59 PM

Anyone that still believes in this hogwash is a moron. How much $ will it take to solve this once & for all again? Just the number…still waiting…
Old 03-20-2023, 08:05 PM

A little more info on planting trees. There’s a few studies and I did watch a video one time indicating that newly planted forests won’t become a carbon neutral until 40-50 years in? I can’t remember but it was significant. Basically, old growth is what pulls the most carbon for a forest. Then eventually it burns as nature intended and all that carbon is released.
Grass lands also absorb significant CO2.

My thoughts haven’t changed since I was a kid, cut a tree plant a tree or help thin the area once nature started to sprout trees everywhere. Recycle/ reuse … I don’t believe half of our “recyclables “ get used. Clean up garbage , pack it in pack it out. Just don’t be an arse to nature and she’s pretty good at taking care of herself.

It’s the major polluters that release untold amount of pollutants to the air and water all across the world that worry me. Just watch a few documentary on other developing countries and how they absolutely destroy their environment

The amount of plastics released to the ocean from just a few countries is mind blowing. Can’t use a plastic straw in alberta but some costal countries don’t even have a landfill or incinerator and allow plastics to flow into the ocean.

Crazy the developed nations take a beating from the greens but even though we have high output we at least have restrictions and regulations of some sort. Watch a few ocean and river clean up videos and then see if CO2 levels are what we need to worry about.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight01 View Post
My thoughts haven’t changed since I was a kid, cut a tree plant a tree or help thin the area once nature started to sprout trees everywhere. Recycle/ reuse … I don’t believe half of our “recyclables “ get used. Clean up garbage , pack it in pack it out. Just don’t be an arse to nature and she’s pretty good at taking care of herself.

It’s the major polluters that release untold amount of pollutants to the air and water all across the world that worry me. Just watch a few documentary on other developing countries and how they absolutely destroy their environment

The amount of plastics released to the ocean from just a few countries is mind blowing. Can’t use a plastic straw in alberta but some costal countries don’t even have a landfill or incinerator and allow plastics to flow into the ocean.

Crazy the developed nations take a beating from the greens but even though we have high output we at least have restrictions and regulations of some sort. Watch a few ocean and river clean up videos and then see if CO2 levels are what we need to worry about.
This. 100% this.

The climate crusaders and governments are focused on on a "pollutant" (CO2), while completely ignoring the actual pollution and pillaging that's damaging our planet. Just imagine what could be done if the billions spent on CO2 were spent on actually cleaning up real pollution (plastic, raw sewage, industrial waste...the list is endless) and restoring/protecting our oceans and enviroment.

The CO2 polluters politely bend to their will and give them money, the real polluters and pillagers tell them to pound sand. And we wonder why we are where we are...
Old 03-21-2023, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
If the conservative party of canada want to take over, why do they not say they will eliminate the carbon tax or at least cut it back 90%. Ya right.
And that's the thing - there are so many brainwashed climate change devotees living here that would throw a massive hissy-fit if this happened, supported by the movement's beneficiaries and the media.

It's a minefield for any politician who would try to bring some common sense to the issue.
Old 03-21-2023, 10:08 AM

It wasn't that long ago that even here on AO you were likely to be berated for denying climate change. If you didn't at least admit the world's climate was warming for whatever reason, you were a knuckle dragging denier. That mindset has given way dramatically at least by conservatives. Now there's almost a rebellion against the woke and the alarmists amid twin North American leftist governments whose agenda is seemingly to address climate change and "the people and the economy be damned".
Messing with folks livelihoods is not the best way to get them on your side. The media has done a pretty fair job of not making that obvious until recently as they've managed to destroy their own reputations simultaneously.
All that's really standing in the way here in Canada is Justin Trudeau and the idiots who vote for him.
Old 03-21-2023, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
It wasn't that long ago that even here on AO you were likely to be berated for denying climate change. If you didn't at least admit the world's climate was warming for whatever reason, you were a knuckle dragging denier. That mindset has given way dramatically at least by conservatives. Now there's almost a rebellion against the woke and the alarmists amid twin North American leftist governments whose agenda is seemingly to address climate change and "the people and the economy be damned".
Messing with folks livelihoods is not the best way to get them on your side. The media has done a pretty fair job of not making that obvious until recently as they've managed to destroy their own reputations simultaneously.
All that's really standing in the way here in Canada is Justin Trudeau and the idiots who vote for him.
It's not that people deny that the climate is changing, most people are aware that there have been at least four major ice ages, so thw climate does change. It's more like most people aren't stupid enough to believe that a carbon tax, and destroying the oil&gas industry will stop the climate from changing..
Old 03-21-2023, 11:49 AM

I'd like to add to the reason why so many are becoming skeptical of the climate cult. Institutional trust post COVID is bankrupt and for good reason. I won't get into it because I know it's still a bannable no-no to talk about the societal level failure that was the response to COVID, but suffice to say I trust very little of what comes out of post secondary institutions nowadays.

Trust the Science™ means a bought and paid for University that is told the outcome of their study by their funder before it even begins. A collusion of PhD's rub their collectively corrupt ballsacks on it, call it "peer reviewed" and I'm supposed to take it as gospel. Not a chance anymore.

I'm sure there are some good, well-meaning folks in post-secondary who want to pursue truth, but I think a lot are happy to say whatever keeps the money coming and supports the continuation of their soft and cushy academia lifestyle.
Old 03-21-2023, 11:59 AM

Very well said. Thank you.
Old 03-21-2023, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpete1 View Post
i kinda wish "climate change" would hurry up and wash out most of the coastal cities on the planet , that would be a lot of liberals and "scientists" washed away . maybe we could stop getting screwed by them then.
How soon we forget, the flooding from one storm in late 2021 that wiped out the highway system in the BC interior had an estimated cost of $9 Billion. That was pretty ******* real to those affected. You might also choose to forget the time Fort Mac almost burnt to the ground.
Old 03-21-2023, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishOutOfWater View Post
Carbon Offset is a scam... It's all a scam.

https://youtu.be/AW3gaelBypY

The author of this video is Wendover Productions, a very educational channel that is generally centered in the political spectrum.
I second this. Ice ages come in waves, we're simply getting near the top of one of the waves.
Old 03-21-2023, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strait Shooter View Post
How soon we forget, the flooding from one storm in late 2021 that wiped out the highway system in the BC interior had an estimated cost of $9 Billion. That was pretty ******* real to those affected. You might also choose to forget the time Fort Mac almost burnt to the ground.
Are you trying to claim that forest fires and floods only started recently?
Old 03-21-2023, 01:51 PM

If the planet actually is getting warmer we can deal with it, the planet getting colder would be far more devastating, can’t grow food if it’s too cold. The majority of this climate change stuff is all about money and control
Old 03-21-2023, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I get what you're saying. But would that flood in 2021 in the lower mainland been as severe if man didn't drain the lake to create housing and farming real estate? Funny how anyone who avoids flood plains seems to avoid the flooding as well.

Forest fires have raged in the north before look back in history and you will see that there were huge fires burning across northern Alberta in the early 1900's. Likely before then as well.

In the Mid 1990's there was great flooding in southern Manitoba, again people building on flood plains made the flooding worse.

Taxing the crap out of us will not prevent these from happening again.

BW
Old 03-21-2023, 02:18 PM

It's all about control and whether it's class, economics, identity, or climate change, it's just the next cause they have latched on to push their agenda.

Frack them. The post modernists. The progressives. The elites. Live your life. Heat your home. Feed your family. Travel. Easy what you want and be happy.
Old 03-21-2023, 02:36 PM

Most events that have been dubbed "climate disasters" have either happened before, as in before the industrial age, or happen now simply due to humans building in places they shouldn't be. There are not more extreme weather events, there are simply more humans and more infrastructure in the way of weather events.
Of course, lack of common sense can always be excused for either "acts of God", or "man-made climate change". I suppose it's human nature to place blame elsewhere for poor decisions.
Old 03-21-2023, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
The wind blew some shingles off of my roof too. Gotta be climate change.

I sure hope they tax me more soon so we can get this thing solved!
Old 03-21-2023, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Right. Because there were no floods or fires or tornados or hurricanes or snow storms or drought or any bad things before Climate Change terror.

Other then all that stuff that happened before Climate Cultists realized there was a lot of money that could be made off scaring people.

You go ahead and worship at that Altar of Existential Terror if you want. But it is a complete scam.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-21-2023, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~altiplano~ View Post
It's all about control and whether it's class, economics, identity, or climate change, it's just the next cause they have latched on to push their agenda.

Frack them. The post modernists. The progressives. The elites. Live your life. Heat your home. Feed your family. Travel. Easy what you want and be happy.
Add your personal vaccination status to the list that will control where you can go and what you can or cannot do. They are not done with control.
Old 03-21-2023, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Right. Because there were no floods or fires or tornados or hurricanes or snow storms or drought or any bad things before Climate Change terror.

Other then all that stuff that happened before Climate Cultists realized there was a lot of money that could be made off scaring people.

You go ahead and worship at that Altar of Existential Terror if you want. But it is a complete scam.
Back then all incidents were natural disasters which are completely normal. What we have now is very different
Old 03-21-2023, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
To eliminate fossil fuel in 12 years mean a lot of people are going starve. There is no way the farming industry will be electric by then.
And let's not get into proposed fertilizer reductions, cloaked as "efficiency".

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8