Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-14-2007, 09:08 AM

I guess a plot plot can be under an 1/2 acre to 5+ acres.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunezilla View Post
Just wait for him during hunting to move 283 meters from a occupied building and bang you got meat.

Dont need to wait until an animal is 183m (200 yards) away from an occupied building, so long as you have permission from the occupant.

"Owners, occupants, or persons authorized by the owner or occupant are excepted, subject to local bylaws"

But ya...no fun shooting 'pet' deer.....we have pheasants and huns around our place...wouldnt ever think of 'hunting' them....lol
Old 07-14-2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
Dont need to wait until an animal is 183m (200 yards) away from an occupied building, so long as you have permission from the occupant.

"Owners, occupants, or persons authorized by the owner or occupant are excepted, subject to local bylaws"

But ya...no fun shooting 'pet' deer.....we have pheasants and huns around our place...wouldnt ever think of 'hunting' them....lol

...boy how funny that is....he can give himself permission. He owns the land I believe.

Oh and thanks for making that clear to me Rack...I just read that part for myself.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:25 AM

LOL he doesnt have to give himself permission, but he's excepted from the rule.....and he can give anyone ELSE permission.....but ya....same thing....
Old 07-14-2007, 11:05 AM

No need to ruin meat....I could lean out the window & bonk em on the head !

Old 07-15-2007, 05:32 PM

Well I don't think I could kill that "pet deer" that always hung around the front or back yard. The question is would I kill it if it wondered to the other end of the farm or on someone elses farm and I had permission to hunt on that land? Hmmmmm....what would I do?
Old 07-15-2007, 05:52 PM

i think if you are putting the effort to put in a food plot you have every right to hunt deer, moose, elk, geese, etc. on it. Nothing is stopping the deer from not coming to food plot. Hes not fenced in their. I have no problem with providing deer with a food plot the deer are still gonna act how deer act in deer season their still gonna be hunter wise. Shooting a pet deer i wouldnt do we have a salt block in are yard and deer come to it every day. I would never think of shooting on of these deer. I remeber one deer season after hunting for 4 hours and only seeing one deer we came home to see 12 does mouzing along in the yard. I think every hunter should be able to tell what is sporting and only do what it is.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:18 PM

Well I guess this thread is dying out...and well most might be against food plots....but there are some that would have no problem hunting over a food plot that was planted to attract deer to the hunting area and that is fine. The question is well it be legall here in Alberta some year?
Old 07-24-2007, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
A food plot would be the same as a pile of grain and a salt block, is that legal?

a food plot and a bait pile are 2 different things..f&w considers this a grey area you may plant and grow any type of crop including buck mix and other mixes sold for the purpose of antler growth ant to promote deer health..
but only on private land(the old saying comes into play its your land plant any legal plants u want ) but trying to plant a food plot on crown land that you dont have the right to farm on is considered baiting and charges could be laid..
but growing these mixes which usaly cosists or alpha peas aND other mixed legumes and saying its the same as a big pile of grain is like saying driving a car is the same as piloting the shuttle to the moon