Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-30-2011, 11:21 AM

Default Bowhunting in the UK

I heard that bowhunting in the UK is illegal so I went on a UK hunting forum to see what was up and believe it or not it is illegal!!! Alot of the guys seem to think that bowhunting isnt ethical because it doesnt kill the animal quickly. Poor misinformed guys, they dont know what they are missing
Old 04-30-2011, 01:29 PM

ha ha im from uk and if you think that is bad you should see firearms laws they are a disgrace need to have permission on private land to have a rifle no such thing as crown land in uk! thats why im in process of moving to alberta!
Old 04-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
ha ha im from uk and if you think that is bad you should see firearms laws they are a disgrace need to have permission on private land to have a rifle no such thing as crown land in uk! thats why im in process of moving to alberta!
you will love it here. alberta is among the top handful of places to live as an outdoorsmen.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:09 AM

thanks! yep dnt get me wrong i love the british countryside and the scottish highlands but the restrictions on firearms are ridiculous! for instance you could maybe have a 22 and a 243 if you had permission on private land you want a 270 or 308 ha ha no way youve already got a deer rifle!! its pathetic the way you are treatd really looking forward to getting to alberta and as stated bowhunting for ANYTHING is completely illegal, and im keen to try bowhunting!