Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-01-2012, 02:05 PM

Default I bought a bow

I've been thinking about bow hunting for awhile now. So after doing some research, reading, asking questions and testing out bows etc. I jumped in with both feet.

I ordered a bow from Archery Talk and am happy to say it is finally here. It is a G5 Rev, with a whisker biscuit and a G5 Rock sight. I then took it Swamp Donkey where I had it tuned and I picked up a release, some arrows and a target. I'd like to say that Martin was great and spent A LOT of time answering all of my newbie questions.

I am now looking forward to spending lots of time practicing so that I have the confidence and skills to hopefully harvest an animal this fall. I'm pretty stoked and a little over whelmed.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:28 PM

Welcome to bowhunting my friend ,you will enjoy, just have patience.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:05 AM

Way to go. I jumped in with both feet last week and all i came back with my first time was 100 or so bug bites. yes, patience is key. Good luck
Old 07-06-2012, 08:41 AM

Zuludog,

One really decent place to go shoot is out @ Pipestone Creek Archery...opposite way of Millet just off Hwy 2. Outdoor target butts out to 60 yards.....2X 25 animal 3D courses and the guy who runs it is pretty easy going....and he deals with G5 bows too.

LC