Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-06-2012, 12:20 PM

Default Fill me in with the rabbit situation in Canmore

Howdy,

I keep hearing there is an open season in Canmore regarding rabbits. I heard the few areas around Canmore has an abundance of rabbits and the Wildlife Officers are itching for people to get rid of them. So what I am asking is whats up with the rabbit hunting at Canmore?

I know I should call the boys at Fish and Wildlife but I thought I would ask you guys first.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:33 PM

I'm in canmore and we can't hunt them in the town limits...but if you have a tag for bear and you happen to see one in your travels.....I don't see y a guy can't whack one with the bow....call Dave Dickinson at fish and feathers in canmore......he can give u all the info you require...
Old 06-06-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezner View Post
I'm in canmore and we can't hunt them in the town limits...but if you have a tag for bear and you happen to see one in your travels.....I don't see y a guy can't whack one with the bow....call Dave Dickinson at fish and feathers in canmore......he can give u all the info you require...
I happen to live in Calgary so I don't know the area so well. What is some Crownland (WMUs) around Canmore?
Old 06-06-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westshtr View Post
I happen to live in Calgary so I don't know the area so well. What is some Crownland (WMUs) around Canmore?
X2

Old 06-07-2012, 09:00 AM

Default bunnies

The issue started when somebody let their "cute, widdle, bunny wabbit" go forth and multilply. Driving through town we saw lots of the little guys around the residential areas. They look like holland lops so they aren't very big. I doubt that they would be any good for eating if you were thinking along those lines.

Geo
Old 06-08-2012, 06:18 AM

Default rabbits

I think they would be VERY good eating, they feed in an area where there are very little chemicals used on lawns etc., don't have to run around too much. They woudl be tender and yummy! Unfortunately they are in town limits and off limits. If I lived there I'd bate the little cuties and live trap them before "relocating" them to my roasting pan where they could reside with some mushrooms, cream and fresh thyme.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
I think they would be VERY good eating, they feed in an area where there are very little chemicals used on lawns etc., don't have to run around too much. They woudl be tender and yummy! Unfortunately they are in town limits and off limits. If I lived there I'd bate the little cuties and live trap them before "relocating" them to my roasting pan where they could reside with some mushrooms, cream and fresh thyme.
And from your description I'd be happy to help relocate them to my belly when the roasting pan's full

Stupidity is taxable and sometimes I get to be the collector.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westshtr View Post
WMU 410 is the canmore bowzone. Check with Dave Dickinson as mentioned above to check on the rules. There is lots of areas off limits, due to parks (provincial and national), town limits, and indian res, around 410. It is best to sit down with one of the officers ahead of time to make sure you know them.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthABFlyFisher View Post
WMU 410 is the canmore bowzone. Check with Dave Dickinson as mentioned above to check on the rules. There is lots of areas off limits, due to parks (provincial and national), town limits, and indian res, around 410. It is best to sit down with one of the officers ahead of time to make sure you know them.
Okay, thanks for the info.