30- Commander B
31- abab
32- plinker
33- Kokanee9
34 Kokanee9's wife
35-BobLoblaw
[/COLOR]
Names in RED are confirmed as registered

If you are on the above list and still plan on volunteering. please send me a pm that provides your real/full name, hometown or city and a phone number. You must be registered to participate, Thank You.
If you arent able to attend, Please Advise

updated registered list
Old 01-10-2012, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowtrail View Post
I got a 3 man Blue Costco popup tent you guys can use. Already arranged with Horsetrader to bring it down.

Chubb, I want to donate a (2) Ice angels for the volunteer prizes. These are them.

Thank You very much WT, can you please give me the value of the prize for the gaming permit?
Old 01-10-2012, 02:28 AM

In repsonse to a few complaints ive recieved
Im sorry you cant drop off your kids at this event for us to babysit and have them enjoy all the event has to offer.
The boys and girls club is a nation wide club that provides children registered with them to participate in activities they are not privy to. They carry their own insurance for their children.
No i cannot change the menu because your kids dont like hotdogs...im sorry

Ive had contacts that have not contributed any money to the event ask me where im purchasing goods. The last example was i wasted money at safeway on cups and should be going to Costco. Sorry im not a costco member and i dont have time to shop around period. To be fair to the money donators i will when i have time go to costco and write down the prices on things ive bought elsewhere and return the difference to the pool from my own pocket.

Im fielding a average of 74 contacts a day....with 3 government offices, 1 county office, and represenatives from 8 clubs.....plus all the sponsors, and any other dealings with the event. I m not complaining but im expaining why many pm's and emails regarding the above are being handled in this fashion...please dont wait for a personal contact.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:34 AM

Im sorry to those volunteers who are upset they cant bring their own kids. I have spent a large amount on my own with some help to insure the event and i cant add to it. I understand your kids come first so please take them fishing, no one will think badly of it.

To those families that will sacifice a family member to volunteer thank you.
1- your setting a fine example of what kindness is about to your children
2- your sacifice may spawn another ethical fisherman to continue your legacy
3- The smiles you will see will indeed make a differnce in a kids life.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:41 AM

I trusted certain people for advice on important matters concerning the event which in turn i made them in charge of...which set me back into repair and restore mode. This was totally my fault and im working hard to correct the wrongs ..... they will be fixed shortly

To everyone who has helped thank you so very much.....every thing has been so helpfull

To The Fisherman Guy, Dago and Daceminnow......thank you for taking on leadership roles all that extra work behind the scenes is priceless.

Thank everyone This will be a great event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 01-10-2012, 03:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
Sorry im not a costco member and i dont have time to shop around period. To be fair to the money donators i will when i have time go to costco and write down the prices on things ive bought elsewhere and return the difference to the pool from my own pocket.
Chub, I sense a bit of frustration here. I have nothing to do with anything but paying out of your own pocket for something as petty as that is not your responsibility. I'm sure that there will be expenses that you will end up taking care of that no one will ever know anything about. Just do the best that you can, do what you have to do and ignore the critics. In the end if the kids that the event was organized for are happy, you have accomplished your mission. If someone thinks that they can do a better job then they can volunteer to organize a similar event this summer or next winter. For now, Don't sweat the petty things.........Pet the sweaty things.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:09 AM

As of Jan.10 we have 13 power augers and 2 manual.P.M. if your planning to bringing an 8" auger.Keep up the good work Chubb.Most of us are 100% behind you and your ideas.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Chub, I sense a bit of frustration here. I have nothing to do with anything but paying out of your own pocket for something as petty as that is not your responsibility. I'm sure that there will be expenses that you will end up taking care of that no one will ever know anything about. Just do the best that you can, do what you have to do and ignore the critics. In the end if the kids that the event was organized for are happy, you have accomplished your mission. If someone thinks that they can do a better job then they can volunteer to organize a similar event this summer or next winter. For now, Don't sweat the petty things.........Pet the sweaty things.
x2
Old 01-10-2012, 08:56 AM

I can bring a four man tent with me and a underwater camera
Old 01-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ive had contacts that have not contributed any money to the event ask me where im purchasing goods. The last example was i wasted money at safeway on cups and should be going to Costco. Sorry im not a costco member and i dont have time to shop around period. To be fair to the money donators i will when i have time go to costco and write down the prices on things ive bought elsewhere and return the difference to the pool from my own pocket.
This is complete BS, I cant believe the nerve of some people who would b*tch and complain about buying stuff from one store without shopping around. I know Chub is a very busy guy and lets be honest here, he's not shopping around for a new vehicle, Im pretty sure the small difference in costs of some items is menial. If you are one that complained, then go buy the item yourself instead of just donating money. The idea of donating money is to use it in the way the organizer sees fit. I can tell you right now that chubbdarter WILL NOT being going around and price checking after the event is done and then re-paying the difference out of his own pocket. I wont allow it and Im pretty sure many other members/volunteers wont allow it either. The man has done way more than anyone else has done for this event, far more than one man should be doing. If you have an issue of the price differences and whatnot, feel free to PM me.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish farmer View Post
this is complete bs, i cant believe the nerve of some people who would b*tch and complain about buying stuff from one store without shopping around. I know chub is a very busy guy and lets be honest here, he's not shopping around for a new vehicle, im pretty sure the small difference in costs of some items is menial. If you are one that complained, then go buy the item yourself instead of just donating money. The idea of donating money is to use it in the way the organizer sees fit. I can tell you right now that chubbdarter will not being going around and price checking after the event is done and then re-paying the difference out of his own pocket. I wont allow it and im pretty sure many other members/volunteers wont allow it either. The man has done way more than anyone else has done for this event, far more than one man should be doing. If you have an issue of the price differences and whatnot, feel free to pm me.
x10

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-10-2012, 12:39 PM

On a happy note, Jordy from Ferg's called, they will not be invoicing us for the 2 porta potties. Him and his Dad will donate the rental and service fees.

THANK YOU FERG'S YOUR GENEROUSITY IS HUGE AND I THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. I LOOK FORWARD TO SHAKING YOUR HANDS...YOUR GOOD PEOPLE
Old 01-10-2012, 12:45 PM

1-Mudslide
2-Wayne Christy
3-Wayne Christy's wife
4-Horsetrader
5-Chesterfield
6-Slivers86
7-Slivers86's nurse
8-Ogre
9-Fish Farmer
10-Daceminnow
11-Daceminnow's wife
12-Dago
13-The Fisherman Guy
14-Mikeo2
15-Big Turk
16-Big Turk's GF
17-Big Turks friend
18-Jack@7
19-Jack@7's Girlfriend
20-Hogslayer
21-Dan Foss
22-AlbertaAngler
23-NHO
24-NHO's wife
25-Chubb
26-Chubbs warden
27-Chubbs daughter
28- Slivers86 - friend
29- silverdoctor
30- Commander B
31- abab
32- plinker
33- Kokanee9
34 Kokanee9's wife
35-BobLoblaw

Names in RED are confirmed as registered[/COLOR]

If you are on the above list and still plan on volunteering. please send me a pm that provides your real/full name, hometown or city and a phone number. You must be registered to participate, Thank You.
If you arent able to attend, Please Advise

updated registered list
Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 PM

Other names have registered but are not ao members....we are 1 away from our cap..................thanks everyone
Old 01-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
This is complete BS, I cant believe the nerve of some people who would b*tch and complain about buying stuff from one store without shopping around. I know Chub is a very busy guy and lets be honest here, he's not shopping around for a new vehicle, Im pretty sure the small difference in costs of some items is menial. If you are one that complained, then go buy the item yourself instead of just donating money. The idea of donating money is to use it in the way the organizer sees fit. I can tell you right now that chubbdarter WILL NOT being going around and price checking after the event is done and then re-paying the difference out of his own pocket. I wont allow it and Im pretty sure many other members/volunteers wont allow it either. The man has done way more than anyone else has done for this event, far more than one man should be doing. If you have an issue of the price differences and whatnot, feel free to PM me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
x10
X10 here to awesome post
Old 01-10-2012, 04:18 PM

Perhaps some clarity of this event is required for all to understand why this event will take place as there seems to be a degree of frustration from several people as to the regulations and restrictions which are integrated into this event.

This is not an Alberta Outdoorsmen Event. It is facilitated by the Boys & Girls Club with the assistance of many outstanding volunteers from the Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum, along with many other additional volunteers.

The event which will take place on February 25, 2012 is for children who belong to the Boys & Girls Club. The mission of the Boys & Girls Club is to provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life. The Boys & Girls Club speaks out on behalf of children, youth and their families to reduce disadvantage, enhance their lives and enable their voices and ideas to be heard. We as volunteers are working with the Boys & Girls Club to enable this event to take place.

Volunteers and Forum members are not permitted to bring theirs or other children to participate in the event, unless they are registered members of the Boys & Girls Club and have arranged with the club to participate.

All children will be arriving and departing on buses provided by the Boys & Girls Club.

Registered Boys & Girls Club Mentors will be on site to ensure the safety of the children during the event.

All volunteers are registered, and will be easily identifiable with ball caps and identification tabs hung from lanyards.

WE ASK FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND COOPERATION THAT THIS EVENT IS FOR CHILDREN WHO ARE MEMBERS OF THE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB.

Questions and/or criticisms of the event and event coordinators can be directed to The Fisherman Guy via PM. I will gladly speak with anyone who has concerns regarding the event, or how the event is coordinated. I will take these concerns up with the other coordinators and we will address each issue and deliver a positive solution.

Last edited by The Fisherman Guy; 01-10-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
To quote Chubb= I've had contacts THAT HAVE NOT CONTIBUTED ANY MONEY to the event=.Its people that have nothing to do with the event,not the generous donors.Without them this event would not take place.I agree with your point 100% but direct to the right people.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:52 AM

UPDATE

at this time
500 hotdog buns have been paid for and ordered
500 hotdogs have been paid for and ordered
Mustard and Ketchup will come from Calgary co-op's 30 dollar gift card
110 bags of chips for the kids will come from Frito Lays(hogslayer contact)
400 cups of Hot Choco (hogslayer)
Tea and instant coffee will be purchased
Sugar, creamer, cups, stir sticks, spoons and napkins will all be purchased soon.
Macdonalds will provide 2 barrels of orange drink and cups
Large jugs of water will be purchased from sobeys. Mikeo will haul the water and Mac drinks.
4 show tables...from illiketrout, TFG and TFH
Daceminnow has secured prizes from Home Depot
Daceminnow is also providing the materials and constructing the 40 wet wieght boards for our fish data collection program for SRD

Fishing combos will be proivided by Normark/Rapala with suffix pro mix line

Zebco/Quantum has donated ball caps for every fishing volunteer to wear so the kids can identify all the guides easily. It will also make policing the event for non registered volunteers.

The Calgary Fishin Hole is providing hooks

Pro staffer Marvin Koizumi has made a huge donation to this event that will also carry over for further events too.

Jims jigs will provide the hooks

HorseTrader has kindly donated 26 plastic ice scoops for the event for the kids use.This is a key donation as no metal ice scoops will be allowed on the ice. in fact we will attempt to remove all metal objects a child could fall on and injure themselfs

Sliver86 will provide nitrile gloves for the food handlers

TFG's contact will take event photos

Dago will offer a guided sturgeon trip as a draw prize and is in Charge of the Drill team.

Willowtrail has donated 2 ice angels for a draw prizes and cooking equipment

Fergs will provide at no cost...2 porta potties

Bait has been purchased,,in the form of 1500 smelt

Wayne Christy has donated toilet paper and hand sanitizer, plus has been a big help as a advisor

TFG has donated the propane and is in charge of the equipment and big tent details.

Monies have been donated by HorseTrader, Mikeo and family, Ogre,Silverdoctor, a generous anonamous donor and my family, to offset costs like legalities, permits, participation awards and other non donated goods.

Some volunteers have also donated their use of tents and augers and cameras. Please contact "The Fisherman Guy" so he is aware of how many tents will be coming. Its vital we know so we can set up a mapped grid of the event.

Thanks to all and if ive missed someone, send me a nasty pm for forgetting you to wake me up.

A few other donations are being discussed but i have yet to recieve or confirm them. I will do my best to update

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a kid will have a day to remember because of your generousity

Last edited by chubbdarter; 01-11-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:

This is why we do things like this. This here post explains it all. We do it not for profit, not for prizes. We volunteer our time (which may as well be fishing, as we'd be doing it anyways) to help these kids out and have a great experience.

x21 I guess its at now
Old 01-11-2012, 03:26 PM

Its been noted that many of you have specialized training.....e.g. nurses

Please pm me your certification and wether its current or not

Thanks very much
Old 01-11-2012, 08:12 PM

PM sent
Old 01-11-2012, 09:11 PM

Default needed items

Hey chubb could you post a list of still needed items?
Old 01-11-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
UPDATE

at this time
500 hotdog buns have been paid for and ordered
500 hotdogs have been paid for and ordered
Mustard and Ketchup will come from Calgary co-op's 30 dollar gift card
110 bags of chips for the kids will come from Frito Lays(hogslayer contact)
400 cups of Hot Choco (hogslayer)
Tea and instant coffee will be purchased
Sugar, creamer, cups, stir sticks, spoons and napkins will all be purchased soon.
Macdonalds will provide 2 barrels of orange drink and cups
Large jugs of water will be purchased from sobeys. Mikeo will haul the water and Mac drinks.
4 show tables...from illiketrout, TFG and TFH
Daceminnow has secured prizes from Home Depot
Daceminnow is also providing the materials and constructing the 40 wet wieght boards for our fish data collection program for SRD

Fishing combos will be proivided by Normark/Rapala with suffix pro mix line

Zebco/Quantum has donated ball caps for every fishing volunteer to wear so the kids can identify all the guides easily. It will also make policing the event for non registered volunteers.

The Calgary Fishin Hole is providing hooks

Pro staffer Marvin Koizumi has made a huge donation to this event that will also carry over for further events too.

Jims jigs will provide the hooks

HorseTrader has kindly donated 26 plastic ice scoops for the event for the kids use.This is a key donation as no metal ice scoops will be allowed on the ice. in fact we will attempt to remove all metal objects a child could fall on and injure themselfs

Sliver86 will provide nitrile gloves for the food handlers

TFG's contact will take event photos

Dago will offer a guided sturgeon trip as a draw prize and is in Charge of the Drill team.

Willowtrail has donated 2 ice angels for a draw prizes and cooking equipment

Fergs will provide at no cost...2 porta potties

Bait has been purchased,,in the form of 1500 smelt

Wayne Christy has donated toilet paper and hand sanitizer, plus has been a big help as a advisor

TFG has donated the propane and is in charge of the equipment and big tent details.

Monies have been donated by HorseTrader, Mikeo and family, Ogre,Silverdoctor, a generous anonamous donor and my family, to offset costs like legalities, permits, participation awards and other non donated goods.

Some volunteers have also donated their use of tents and augers and cameras. Please contact "The Fisherman Guy" so he is aware of how many tents will be coming. Its vital we know so we can set up a mapped grid of the event.

Thanks to all and if ive missed someone, send me a nasty pm for forgetting you to wake me up.

A few other donations are being discussed but i have yet to recieve or confirm them. I will do my best to update

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a kid will have a day to remember because of your generousity
Cudos to everyone on the planning and help with this event. Unable to volunteer myself, but after seeing the updated list of items still needed, I'd like to help with providing some of them. Chub, PM sent.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacman View Post
Cudos to everyone on the planning and help with this event. Unable to volunteer myself, but after seeing the updated list of items still needed, I'd like to help with providing some of them. Chub, PM sent.
Recieved....Thank you so very much.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:33 PM

HogSlayer...will also be posting the donations to the draw event as he recieves them. Thanks buddy for taking on some of the work load, its been a huge help. The Michaels shopping trip was special...lol.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:39 PM

Chub; I'll be in Calgary this weekend. Do you want me to bring the smelts in or leave em in my freezer{I have the room LOL} and you can pick them up when needed.
vcmm
Old 01-11-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
Chub; I'll be in Calgary this weekend. Do you want me to bring the smelts in or leave em in my freezer{I have the room LOL} and you can pick them up when needed.
vcmm

Maybe, if its not a huge problem you could bring them, im down there often but its when your shop is probably closed.

Either way, what ever works best for you. If your open on saturdays i will definetly visit you.

Thank you for the kind donation to the event
Old 01-11-2012, 10:01 PM

hahhahahahahahaha...Gonna have to start calling HorseTrader..Santa Clause

We have been in discussion about ice conditions.
Even though the kids will bring their own lawn chairs, if the wind is high we may end up chasing lawn chairs to regina.
If the ice is super slick we will have the kids wear a helmet of some sorts as they all have a helmet wether it be hockey or bike.

But we have decided that a piece of carpet will provide a safe kneeling or sitting option if wind or slick conditions are present. WITH NO ENVIROMENTAL DAMAGE

HorseTrader will Bring a roll of new carpet FROM EDMONTON that if required will have the Team carve up into pieces

THANKS SANTA......CAN I HAVE A HELICOPTER TOO?
Old 01-11-2012, 10:11 PM

Word from the Equipment team is the Atco tent and grills are in final planning.

Thank you Jack @7 for doing the work in securing this unreal factor to the event........Its now the Big time

Thank you ATCO GAS for providing the Tent and Grills and if thats not enough they will send a set up and tear down team.
All we do is enjoy the facility.

Thanks ATCO for helping the little people , you are a standup company