Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-12-2012, 12:48 PM

Default Frabill headquaters 6-man tent

Anyone have any experience with these ice fishing tents? How do they hold up to wind wear? How quick are they to set up? Looking at getting one of them, but want to know what kind of product we are looking at.

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:36 PM

You need at least one helper and do not I repeat do not attempt to put it up in the wind.

Watched a couldpe guys at PCR tring a few weeks back and they were chaing down the lake for a tore up tent.

Other than that what a great tent for a few guys to fish out of. My experience as i am sure everyone else is that if it says 4 man then it's a 2 and so on.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:00 AM

i like mine. it is great for 3 guys with real lawn chairs, heater, gear and holes. does get tight with 4 guys. have only used it several times the first year i bought it and i have not used it since however plan on doing so soon.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:07 AM

Just took my 6 man back today and got a fatfish. As said before its a pain to set up alone. And only really good for 3 guys with good chairs and heaters.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 01-13-2012, 02:23 AM

I had a Frabill & it was junk. If I was to buy another I would either go Eskimo or possibly look at others. If you look at the sewing in the Frabill you can see daylight through the seams. If it doesn't bother you then OK but for me, never again. My 2 bits & that is what my Frabill was worth.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
I had a Frabill & it was junk. If I was to buy another I would either go Eskimo or possibly look at others. If you look at the sewing in the Frabill you can see daylight through the seams. If it doesn't bother you then OK but for me, never again. My 2 bits & that is what my Frabill was worth.
I have used the eskimo quickfish 6 in the past and really liked it. If it is like you say then that confirms my worries about why it is a fair bit cheaper. I think I will just wait for the quickfish to come on sale.

I am not really worried about setting it up by myself, If i am fishing alone I am usually just outside anyways.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
X2!

Eskimo Fatfish all the way!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:06 PM

I have the Clam Command Post. Buddy had the Frabill and it was a nightmare. Every time out something else went wrong with it.

I've had mine for going on three years and it's been absolutely fantastic. Easy up, easy down, tons of room, no issues whatsoever other than the bag that they send with it is a piece of crap. You can set it up by yourself as long as the wind isn't too bad.

The Clam is a couple bucks more than the Frabill but I think it's worth it hands down.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:58 PM

I've heard good things about the clam tents, but I prefer the Eskimo simply because the windows are velcroed in and in extreme cold I always seem to have some crack. If one cracked in a clam tent it would be PITA to replace it.