Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Banned

Default Boat License Number..

I bought my boat new in 2006 and had it licensed/ registered right off the hop but I never did get the numbers put on I just packed the paper in the glove box all this time. I figured after 4 years its about time that I do it right and get on my numbers put on.. So I get out the paper yesterday and look over the number before I take the boat down to the decal shop and have the numbers put on.. I just about threw up when I saw my number,, it started out with a QC ,,,, I was like what no way man am I putting a Quebec number on my baby no way in hell.. So I phone transport Canada and ask them whats the best way to go about getting my number changed. Wouldn't you know it the lady I was talking to was as French as old Pierre himself.. She was like well sir as long as you are the original owner and the boat ser# matches the license number it will be O.K.,, I was like I think you are missing the point dear,, I do not want my boat with a Quebec number, its an Alberta boat and it will be registered as such,, you know as politely as I could. So in the end I had to get a new form filled out and send in for a new number..

The poor girl just couldn't figure out why I didn't want a Quebec number on my boat,, yeah right,, bad enough I am out on the west coast with an AB number thats all a guy needs the boys thinking a guy is from Quebec,, try and get some info then lolo..
Old 03-29-2011, 10:25 PM

Hey Jacques, there are number kits that you can get that would be a lot cheaper than taking it into a shop to get done. I used one and it actually worked quite well. Just wait for a warm day to put them on and your done.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:25 PM

You just gave Jeff Foxworthy a new line for "...You might be a redneck."
Old 03-30-2011, 01:29 PM

I'm not sure the difference or why it would matter....they are just numbers. Mine says MT cause it came from montana. Do you hate Quebec that much?
Old 03-30-2011, 02:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemustang View Post
I'm not sure the difference or why it would matter....they are just numbers. Mine says MT cause it came from montana. Do you hate Quebec that much?
nah, he loves alberta that much....
Old 03-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemustang View Post
Uh yah I do hate Quebec that much... That would be the day I would put a damn Quebec number on my boat... I wouldn't have a problem with a Montana number actualy but a Quebec number,,, yah I would rather pay the fines..
Old 03-30-2011, 08:07 PM

LOL thats actually quite funny. Talk about random.

I remember when I got my license they asked which province I wanted..a BC or an AB one and I was at the Harry Hays building in Calgary to register for it. Did you get a trailer license too?

Where did you register for your boat when you bought it? Was that in AB?
Old 03-30-2011, 08:49 PM

Lol. No worries bud. I think you could go to a service Canada place and get new numbers for no cost. Then you just need to buy the new numbers. There may be a slight cost, but this way you can still screw QC.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushiUnagi View Post
LOL thats actually quite funny. Talk about random.

I remember when I got my license they asked which province I wanted..a BC or an AB one and I was at the Harry Hays building in Calgary to register for it. Did you get a trailer license too?

Where did you register for your boat when you bought it? Was that in AB?

The boat was bought in A.B. registered in A.B. and A.B is the only province I have ever lived in. My address on the license was right,,, in A.B not sure where they figured that Quebec fit in on this one.. Oh well the new number is on its way anyways.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:49 PM

Do you have to display the numbers on your boat or can you just keep your paperwork with you?
Old 03-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotPumP View Post
Do you have to display the numbers on your boat or can you just keep your paperwork with you?
Unfortunately the numbers have to be on the boat.

It cleary states that they have to be on both sides of the hull and in contrast to the color of the boat where they are on.. I am going with colors that match part of the color scheme So as they don't stand out like a sore thumb. This was my beef in the first place,, I just didn't want any junk on my boat.. Again I am very anal when it comes to my boat,, extremely picky with it..