Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-14-2014, 09:28 PM

Default Winchester SXP shotgun

I recently purchased the SXP defender model shotgun. I looked on the Winchester site but couldn't find any info. I was wondering if the longer barrel to use for waterfowl or upland could be interchanged with the defender barrel?
Old 06-14-2014, 09:52 PM

I have the sxp with both barrels. So yes.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:55 PM

Great. What did you end up with. I actually just found a you tube video where a guy had put one together. Where did you get it?
Old 06-14-2014, 11:05 PM

You can buy the longer barrel through a distributor i bought mine through bashaw sports. Make sure you specify you want the camp/field barrel that fits the 5 shot magazine tube. Keep in mind the barrel has to come all the way from winchester in the states and may take a while (mine took 4 months)
Old 06-15-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikka250 View Post
You can buy the longer barrel through a distributor i bought mine through bashaw sports. Make sure you specify you want the camp/field barrel that fits the 5 shot magazine tube. Keep in mind the barrel has to come all the way from winchester in the states and may take a while (mine took 4 months)
Thanks for that info. I'm guessing a distributor is anyone who sells winchester products. Correct?
Old 06-15-2014, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBF View Post
Thanks for that info. I'm guessing a distributor is anyone who sells winchester products. Correct?
The Canadian distributor for Winchester is Browning Firearms in Montreal, ask for Carl. He can often tell you who has recently shipped new stock, or if there are current product orders waiting for delivery.

The cost of an additional barrel and individual choke tubes is quite high in comparison with the cost of a field and camp combo, you may consider that the purchase of an additional gun is a better bargain. The current Defender receivers are drilled and tapped and Winchester has an optional Picatinny rail available, AFAIK the current F&C models are not drilled & tapped but they do have a different fore-grip.

Good luck,