Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2011, 07:57 AM

Default Muddy fish!

Well, the ol' NSR was sure busy yesterday. I stopped by a couple spots that were busy enough that I just kept on driving, and finally broke down and went to one of my favorite spots, but it's often busy. I was surprised that when I showed up around noon that there was nobody around. Of course after I got there people started showing up

There were fish jumping all over but not taking much of anything...finally nabbed a 5 1/2lb walleye mid-afternoon on bait. A little later, maybe around 4-5 I was pitching hardware and finally got into the kind of fish that I'm used to the river producing. Nevermind the little burbot that have been around for a while now, I finally got back into the pike!

My computer is acting wonky this morning, so only a couple of the pics uploaded

The sad thing is that I don't know if I'll have time to get back down there today or not for another crack at 'em now that I know the river is really producing

edit: I just noticed it was the good pike pics that didn't make the upload!

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams