Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-22-2017, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
And what about a business owner? Maybe walk a mile in his/her shoes.
I wasn't bashing them, so don't feel the need to walk the mile in their shoes. My knowledge is with nurses and teachers , so felt I needed to stick up for them. Thankless jobs! I'm also don't doubt there's lots of business owners that are dealing with very tough times, feel for them too.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Where did I bash them? I'm paying for my daughter's education so she can be a teacher.

Try walking a mile in the shoes a business person who has no pension, and is getting the rug yanked out from under him in the name of 'tax fairness'.
Why would the business person not have a pension?? Didn't put any away for the future?? Whose choice was that?
Old 12-23-2017, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Why would the business person not have a pension?? Didn't put any away for the future?? Whose choice was that?
As far as I know you missed the boat, I throw you a life jacket, don't miss if when I toss it your way
Old 12-23-2017, 07:13 AM

Default Hold on to your hat, you haven't seen anthing yet!

Consider this "Getting pre-approved" for a spending spree. With only +/- 475 days until the next election, this government will be announcing new spending weekly and hiring as many people as they can. All the while fearmongering more about what Kenny and the big bad evil right is going to do if they get into power. Nothing will surprise me. The damage that this government is doing (And to be fair what the previous 2 premiers did) to Alberta will not be undone in my lifetime.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
That's a grand assumption on your part. I've put away and invested enough to retire now at fifty if I chose. Not all business people are able to do that, and the increased tax burden that is going to get rained down on their heads by this current government is going to make it even more difficult.

Trying to compare fixed and indexed public work sector pensions to what a business person goes through, in upturns and downturns, is laughable. Nice try though.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-23-2017, 09:20 AM

Ur just grumpy cause yer Flames lost....

We should give em a subsidy.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 12-23-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankbait View Post
Never criticize a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes.
Then criticize them, because you have their shoes and are now a mile away.
You Sir, have won the internetz today!
Old 12-23-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Where did I bash them? I'm paying for my daughter's education so she can be a teacher.

Try walking a mile in the shoes a business person who has no pension, and is getting the rug yanked out from under him in the name of 'tax fairness'.
Yes, yes, and oh - yes.

Dodger
Old 12-23-2017, 10:57 AM

Default Nurses

What a joke just a bunch of overpaid care givers term used very loosely LPNs do most of the work and are far more compassionate, my wife works in the health care industry and I’ve had my experiences as I’m sure all of us have however I have far more bad ones than good two months ago I’m sitting in fast track with my broken finger and watch 2 nurses and the doctor talk for 45 mins about his African wedding trip and I’m not exaggerating a solid 45 mins he shows them all the pics he took and explained who each person was etc I told the safety guy to leave as we were already there for 2 hours before this in waiting room there was one guy there puking and holding his head screaming and they just stood there talking about this trip I couldn’t believe it anyway nurses do not need anymore money training in compassion yes money no