Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-08-2019, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
He sounds eager to tell his side of the story, and I sure hope he does.
Gerry Butts is looking for flights out of Canada I bet. justin is most likely booking a trip to the aga kahn.
Old 05-08-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
He sounds eager to tell his side of the story, and I sure hope he does.
I don't think so....hearing his lawyer say there was 'no political interference'.....when she would know better than anyone what was going on, makes me think maybe a deal got done. Just my thinking out loud....but the fact the charge was stayed, means that there will probably be no talking about the case as it is still possible to re-open it. Convenient for the Libs to keep a lid on it before election.

Does not pass the smell test. Though, I think the Admiral would like to talk, I don't think he will.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-08-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Gerry Butts is looking for flights out of Canada I bet. justin is most likely booking a trip to the aga kahn.
Unfortunately not, he is already working with a consulting firm on geo politics and climate change,
Old 05-08-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
I now want to see the CDS burn, that rat bastard.
This....
Old 05-09-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I don't think so....hearing his lawyer say there was 'no political interference'.....when she would know better than anyone what was going on, makes me think maybe a deal got done. Just my thinking out loud....but the fact the charge was stayed, means that there will probably be no talking about the case as it is still possible to re-open it. Convenient for the Libs to keep a lid on it before election.

Does not pass the smell test. Though, I think the Admiral would like to talk, I don't think he will.
Not sure if you saw the whole 30 minute press conference. It's worth a watch. Henein sure trashed the PMO and PCO big time. The first statement she made regarding Norman not firing her female Team was priceless. Norman says he's got much to say on this story down the road. Norman's closing reply to the Media is worth noting.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:17 PM

Can you spell back pedal?
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/natio...ark-norman/amp
Old 05-12-2019, 09:07 AM

Defense Minister Sajjan is on Question Period, getting grilled hard by Evan Solomon. Dancing in circles, lie lie lie.....looks good on him. 'Culture of cover up' Getting tossed at him. Nice to see.

Questioning him if he can have any confidence in Vance. Priceless stuff. Solomon is a bulldog on him. He won't apologize to Norman, and won't express or acknowledge regret at the process that tried to destroy him. But, the process was independent of government influence. Lying turd poge.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 05-12-2019 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:16 PM

Sadly, Mr. Norman has reached a settlement with the Government. And of course it is confidential.

Confidential = Paid silence.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mar...ring-1.5191111

I was hoping that the details of the case would come out right around election time.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
Sadly, Mr. Norman has reached a settlement with the Government. And of course it is confidential.

Confidential = Paid silence.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mar...ring-1.5191111

I was hoping that the details of the case would come out right around election time.
This was an election time settlement. Sparkle socks is hiding all the bodies and burying all of the evidence.

He approved the pipeline so Alberta can STFU. He's passed bill C48 and C69, to appease Quebec and Ontario. The rest of us don't frickin matter!

BW
Old 06-26-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
This was an election time settlement. Sparkle socks is hiding all the bodies and burying all of the evidence.

He approved the pipeline so Alberta can STFU. He's passed bill C48 and C69, to appease Quebec and Ontario. The rest of us don't frickin matter!

BW
What happened to "open and transparent"?
Old 06-26-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
This was an election time settlement. Sparkle socks is hiding all the bodies and burying all of the evidence. BW
Agreed If this went to court you can bet that the damage to the small potato, his team and General Vance would have been significant. The delay in getting a senate hearing was most likely due to the negotiations.

From the NP article below "Before the settlement was announced, sources close to Norman told Postmedia that efforts were underway on a potential lawsuit against the federal government. It is not known whether that lawsuit will still proceed now that a settlement has been reached." The heat in the kitchen got to much for someone.

So once again the taxpayer is on the hook for a serious screwup by the PMO.

Interesting read in the National Post.

https://nationalpost.com/news/mark-n...be-kept-secret

Now it is up to the opposition parties to keep this, SNC, the various ethics issues and other gems front and center as election issues. With the re-positioning this week by Climate Barbie on carbon tax there is a push to bury skeletons and problems before October.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
What happened to "open and transparent"?
:s Ha_shakeshout:
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:38 PM

Swept under the rug Norman must have got a bundle he was grinning like the Cheshire cat

And for deflection:
Liberals add far-right extremist groups to list of outlawed terror networks

Banned 3-4 terror groups nobody has ever heard of, nothing gets Liberal voters juices flowing than banning something.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:01 PM

Rumor has it he got $10M. Makes sense, they couldn't give him as much as Kadr got, that would be white privilege.