Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2014, 03:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
With how hot rocket fuel burns I wouldn't be surprised if nothing was left. Especially on a flight with enough fuel for another 7 hours.
ROCKET FUEL???? I'm never flying again.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:03 PM

Defiantly a mystery. Lots of speculation in the media and elsewhere. My guess is there is a debris site floating in the ocean far away from where they think they should be looking and a ship will find it first or it was hijacked and it crashed in the hills while on its destination to somewhere. But to think it was hijacked and full control of the plane was had before one signal could be sent by the cockpit or someone with a cell phone texted something is hard to believe in todays post 911 world. Hijacked and crashed or major system failure and crashed is what I am thinking until more evidence comes to light.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:19 PM

With all this speculation and with one guy saying it went here, another saying there and even another saying somewhere else, scattering the search crews everywhere, it kind of make me wonder if there ever was a Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. A plane as big as a Boeing 777 doesn't just disappear out of thin air. But...I'm hoping that if there was that it's found soon so there's some closure to this mystery.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:47 PM

Hard to imagine no trace found. When the Space shuttle Columbia went down, enough pieces where found to almost reconstruct and in my option that was total disintegration.... something differant going on here.

Consider this.... hijack a large plane, land it at some remote island or whatever, wait till the heat is off, then load it with something nasty, fly it into mainstream traffic then fly it into a target of choice..... plausible??
Old 03-13-2014, 06:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
The report states that it may be accessible and breached, and it's a far closer guess to what happened to the plane as to why nothing is showing up (beacons and the like) and why it may have gone off course, or why everything turned off.

Also, maybe the 20 code writers from Freescale were in-flight testing the features for Boeing - or not - or bored and curious as code guys are.

Just an accident caused by the failsafe.
It is not possible in the way you are discussing. And yes, I am somewhat familiar with many of the systems onboard.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
It is not possible in the way you are discussing. And yes, I am somewhat familiar with many of the systems onboard.
so what are your thoughts on the paper I posted? serious question.

Not all hackers are pimpled, braces wearing, some are old grumpy folk and some are just curious.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:15 PM

Time to start watching those reruns of "LOST"
Old 03-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
so what are your thoughts on the paper I posted? serious question.

Not all hackers are pimpled, braces wearing, some are old grumpy folk and some are just curious.
Trust me, if it was hijacked, it would have to include the pilots, or flight attendants. The doors on all commercial aircraft have been designed to be unreachable without heavy tools and or explosives since 9/11.

As for your suggestion about it being hacked by someone onboard, all the equipment is redundant, and designed with shielding so as not to be able to be changed as you claim. Furthermore for what you are speaking about, the equipment is designed to not be able to change certain functions without physically switching certain switches, and these are not located in the cockpit, or even accessible from the cabin.

Here is what a fellow colleague has to say about the disappearance.

Malaysia Flight MH370. Has anyone asked North Korea if they have seen a Boeing 777?? In my opinion, it's hard to believe the ELTs, underwater locating devices located on both the FDR and CVR were all inoperative after a crash. That's if a crash actually occurred. Check out the location of Pyongyang in relationship to Beijing. My theory is: After the transponders and ACARS were turned off the aircraft could have been flown under radar the route I highlighted in red. The distance to Pyongyang is nearly the same distance as Beijing so the aircraft could have landed in North Korea before anyone would have known the aircraft is truly missing. Again, this is just a theory. Take it as a grain of salt!

1959683_10152326441450996_889874217_n.jpg
Old 03-13-2014, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
how is presenting a paper from a fed transport authority considered worthy of Reynolds wrap headgear?
Because it is not a technical document. Trust me, I deal with this stuff, and what you are saying is not possible the way you are discussing.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Trust me, if it was hijacked, it would have to include the pilots, or flight attendants. The doors on all commercial aircraft have been designed to be unreachable without heavy tools and or explosives since 9/11.

As for your suggestion about it being hacked by someone onboard, all the equipment is redundant, and designed with shielding so as not to be able to be changed as you claim. Furthermore for what you are speaking about, the equipment is designed to not be able to change certain functions without physically switching certain switches, and these are not located in the cockpit, or even accessible from the cabin.

Here is what a fellow colleague has to say about the disappearance.

Malaysia Flight MH370. Has anyone asked North Korea if they have seen a Boeing 777?? In my opinion, it's hard to believe the ELTs, underwater locating devices located on both the FDR and CVR were all inoperative after a crash. That's if a crash actually occurred. Check out the location of Pyongyang in relationship to Beijing. My theory is: After the transponders and ACARS were turned off the aircraft could have been flown under radar the route I highlighted in red. The distance to Pyongyang is nearly the same distance as Beijing so the aircraft could have landed in North Korea before anyone would have known the aircraft is truly missing. Again, this is just a theory. Take it as a grain of salt!

Attachment 88275
Sounds like your colleague has a shiny hat of his own.

Do we know if Dennis Rodman was onboard?

...could explain a lot...
Old 03-13-2014, 06:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post

Do we know if Dennis Rodman was onboard?

...could explain a lot...
I guess we will know if North Korea announces a new design for a large commercial airliner in the near future.

Besides, his scenario is a lot more plausible than some guy in the back hacking the aircraft with his iphone or laptop.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Trust me, if it was hijacked......
I never said anything about hijacking,, I said an accident from a fail safe. Are you familiar with the system in the paper I posted?
Old 03-13-2014, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Because it is not a technical document. Trust me, I deal with this stuff, and what you are saying is not possible the way you are discussing.
so if it's not a technical document, why did the issue to deal with the system be made effective of a specified date. I suppose we could call the Boeing guy in the paper.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
I guess we will know if North Korea announces a new design for a large commercial airliner in the near future.

Besides, his scenario is a lot more plausible than some guy in the back hacking the aircraft with his iphone or laptop.
Not some guy silly, a guy from Freescale Semiconductor who is bored and curious.

But a good conspiracy would be; it was hijacked for those 20 dudes and their knowledge of ingestible RFID's.

Kinetis

On 26 February 2013, Freescale Semiconductor announced the creation of the world’s smallest (by size) ARM-powered chip. The Kinetis KL02 measures 1.9 by 2 millimeters and is a full microcontroller unit (MCU), meaning the chip sports a processor, RAM, ROM, clock and I/O control unit. The chip competes with the Atmel M0+ offerings, which are the low-power leaders in the industry [18] One application that Freescale says the chips could be used for is swallowable computers.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
under radar
How easy is it to fly at 200' at night over water?
Old 03-13-2014, 07:16 PM
Gone Hunting

Maybe you fellas think we are kidding.

No insults means no insults. tinfoil hats is an insult.

The next such comment aimed at a fellow member WILL result in the loss of board privileges.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-13-2014, 08:18 PM
Banned

from 2 hours ago

http://online.wsj.com/home-page
Old 03-13-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Not some guy silly, a guy from Freescale Semiconductor who is bored and curious.

But a good conspiracy would be; it was hijacked for those 20 dudes and their knowledge of ingestible RFID's.

Kinetis

On 26 February 2013, Freescale Semiconductor announced the creation of the world’s smallest (by size) ARM-powered chip. The Kinetis KL02 measures 1.9 by 2 millimeters and is a full microcontroller unit (MCU), meaning the chip sports a processor, RAM, ROM, clock and I/O control unit. The chip competes with the Atmel M0+ offerings, which are the low-power leaders in the industry [18] One application that Freescale says the chips could be used for is swallowable computers.
Don't Ned no ARM for an RFID. Although small has unique advantages, the ARM architecture is readily available
Old 03-13-2014, 11:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged1 View Post
Don't Ned no ARM for an RFID. Although small has unique advantages, the ARM architecture is readily available
Yeah but creating conspiracy theories is more fun. besides wouldn't you rather get an rfid inserted in you via a bagel and a lock of salmon than under your skin? I gotta mole on the back of my neck that drives me bannanas, a little lump of rfid would make me nutzo
Old 03-13-2014, 11:41 PM
Banned

This was also on cbc newsworld 10:30 or so. Apparently they now have proof of communication (ie: the plane sending data) for another 4 hrs or so, from what i understand...
I cant find it on the web yet though...

Last edited by drhu22; 03-13-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Maybe you fellas think we are kidding.

The next such comment aimed at a fellow member WILL result in the loss of board privileges.

I like and respect you, Keg. You know that. However, given the gravity of the situation and rwm's vast expertise, this is a horrible decision!

Another member posted this without punishment:

Quote:

How is that any different?

Was any consideration given to the brand new member who smells like an old/current one who engaged said suspended member given any consideration? Dollars to doughnuts he's banned for being a multiple profile within the month. Sad.

You guys allow trolls to run around at will, and an expert in the field on an unbelievably important thread gets punted for something that is marginally marginal AT BEST!

Come on.

In support of rmw, I'd like to formally request the exact same suspension. Thank you.

Tree
Old 03-13-2014, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
I like and respect you, Keg. You know that. However, given the gravity of the situation and rwm's vast expertise, this is a horrible decision!

Another member posted this without punishment:

How is that any different?

Was any consideration given to the brand new member who smells like an old/current one who engaged said suspended member given any consideration? Dollars to doughnuts he's banned for being a multiple profile within the month. Sad.

You guys allow trolls to run around at will, and an expert in the field on an unbelievably important thread gets punted for something that is marginally marginal AT BEST!

Come on.

In support of rmw, I'd like to formally request the exact same suspension. Thank you.

Tree
Very well said, I to am very very surprised at the actions taken against him. The newer member seems familiar and from what I can see is obviously antagonizing. rmw is a pretty respected guy and I think he is not the only one to be punished. JMO
Old 03-14-2014, 12:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
Very well said, I to am very very surprised at the actions taken against him. The newer member seems familiar and from what I can see is obviously antagonizing. rmw is a pretty respected guy and I think he is not the only one to be punished. JMO
I wanted to keep engaging with him too, it's a good subject to get his light on. I'm not sure how questioning his knowledge by putting up the white paper on the new system is antagonizing him?
Old 03-14-2014, 12:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhu22 View Post
This was also on cbc newsworld 10:30 or so. Apparently they now have proof of communication (ie: the plane sending data) for another 4 hrs or so, from what i understand...
I cant find it on the web yet though...
Heres a new result:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-flying.html
Old 03-14-2014, 02:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Okay, no tin foil hats.

WRT to the aircraft.......I can't think of any way that an aircraft of that size could simply disappear without a trace. With all of the technology of today you'd think that satellite imagery would detect a fuel slick and/or debris floating around in the ocean. The ocean is a big place but whole world is looking for the aircraft. I'm not sure that if it crashed something wouldn't be found by now. I'm not regularly a tin***l hat kinda guy but the sophisticated hijacking to North Korea theory certainly sounds plausible right now.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:45 AM

If this plane when down at night,,,,on land ,nose down it might never be found,,,RIP to the people on MH 370
Old 03-14-2014, 11:19 PM

reports are that the plane has been hijacked and taken to an undisclosed location, my guess is that the plane will be used in a terrorist attack with all the passengers aboard, sad and pointless.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:40 PM

The theory rwm posted is looking more and more plausible

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-14-23-57-32
Old 03-14-2014, 11:50 PM
Banned

This story has quite a few twists.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:34 AM
Banned

I don't believe anything written in the media but there's no way that this was an accident. Whatever happened was a well planned, sophisticated and executed event. Communications devises don't turn themselves off along with all of the other inconsistencies. There's more that government agencies know right now that they won't tell us due to political and security reasons.....that I'm sure of.