Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2019, 06:51 AM

The Chinese must really be afraid of what she might say if and when the Americans question her because they are sure laying down the pressure to have her released.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
North Americans all want everything CHEAP!! North Americans know the COST of everything BUT have no clue about QUALITY..Have a look through this forum when it comes to prices on anything
It is worth looking at the Walmart ships (3) that bring goods from China over to North America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBQ7IA2RI2c

Strictly a one way trade. Our government wants to further reduce our emissions (higher costs for local goods) which when coupled to the labour market means more product coming in and less going out.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:46 AM

As consumers, we can stop purchasing made in China products ! Just read the label, if it says made in China, Don't purchase it.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
The Chinese must really be afraid of what she might say if and when the Americans question her because they are sure laying down the pressure to have her released.
This just out this morning:

https://edmontonsun.com/news/world/h...8-9e5cfecc6962

What a deceitful bunch. Lie right to your face and think they’re getting away with it. Hard to believe they think the rest of the world is so naive they’d believe the Execs at huawei had no idea huawei was working with their military.

I went in to look at a new iPhone the other day and the agents that own the Bell store are Chinese, I couldn’t beleive how hard they were trying to promote the huawei phone “oh it’s got the best camera on the market”. After seeing what’s going on here I would never by any smart electronic from China. After I seen what’s going on here I’m making a conscious effort never to buy anything from China.

I used to think spying was something made up in Hollywood, I used to trust that we are safe, but this situation has opened up my eyes as to how wrong I was. I hope Trump get ahold of this chick and exposes what’s been going on.

Last edited by Kurt505; 06-27-2019 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:35 AM

I find it ironic how technology is designed in north america then companies get China to build the products yet complain when the Chinese rip them off and resell items as cheap knockoffs. Sure Chinese products are getting better manufactured but that is only due to North American companies doing the training and ensuring quality standards are met. We are our own problems. Not just the consumers but the companies as well. Our greed has helped China become the economic powerhouse they have become.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldan Grumpi View Post
Don’t dodge the point.

We arrested her in honour of our treaty. That was proper.

Why haven’t the Americans taken her after all this time?

I think it’s because they get to do harm to both us and China at the same time.

It’s a clear case of “Let’s you and him fight”.

I’ve been around a long time, and I’ve learned that there are two main philosophies in life - from individuals, to corporations, to the foreign policies of nations.
The first is “Let’s work together, in support of each other, and together we’ll grow stronger”.
The second is “If I step on you, I stand taller, and am therefore stronger by comparison.”

Why haven’t the Americans taken Ming after all this time?
Because they’ve seen an opportunity to step on us, and they’ve hung us out to dry.
You hit the nail on the head!!!! By following our long standing treaty Canada was set up by Trump and then screwed over by China. Hopefully Canadians get hurt enough to remember both of these players in the future. Canada needs new trading partners.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldan Grumpi View Post
Why haven’t the Americans taken Ming after all this time?
Because they’ve seen an opportunity to step on us, and they’ve hung us out to dry.
LOL, wrong, she has not been extradited yet because her lawyers are appealing the request, period.
The appeals have to wind their way through our court system first and has nothing to do with Trump causing a delay.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_Wagon View Post
LOL, wrong, she has not been extradited yet because her lawyers are appealing the request, period.
The appeals have to wind their way through our court system first and has nothing to do with Trump causing a delay.
Ding ding ding.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:29 PM

does this mean we will be able to afford to buy meat again, because of the massive surplus? Or will all the animals be killed and buried/burnt to create artificial demand and make prices even higher?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 06-29-2019, 08:08 PM

A reply got me thinking ... if the meat is not passing China’s safety standard , why are we eating it ??
Old 06-29-2019, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
A reply got me thinking ... if the meat is not passing China’s safety standard , why are we eating it ??
Because if you get pretend sick from pretend tainted meat, you just have go see a pretend doctor and then you’ll be better
Old 06-29-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
Has nothing to do with safety. Retaliation for us holding the Huawei chick.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:44 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmanbob View Post
Has nothing to do with safety. Retaliation for us holding the Huawei chick.
Remind me of the mad cow days ... could buy a half for $400 at the Safeway parking lot .. taste better then the steak they sold in Safeway .
Old 07-01-2019, 07:45 AM

We do have to honor the extradition treaty. A prime minister doesn't have the authority to reverse things like that. It would be like Turdo trying to interfere in the FNC Lavalin thing, which we are rightfully enraged about. However, if it were proven that the warrant for Ms. Wanzou was for political purposes rather than a criminal investigation, the warrant could be deemed invalid, and she would have to be released. That's the purpose of her pending extradition hearing...Not that I believe the Canadian justice system will pursue that course with any real determination.
For now we will continue to be an international punching bag because that's what you get when you elect a trust-funded half wit pretty boy fumbling boob to do your diplomatic negotiations.
As for trading with China, personally I wouldn't want to continue to deal with anyone I found I can't trust, and that much is painfully obvious. The only way the Chinese will ever change is when they realize that their dishonesty has a negative effect on their prosperity. We need to expand markets elsewhere. We managed to survive without Chinese trade before.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
I find it ironic how technology is designed in north america then companies get China to build the products yet complain when the Chinese rip them off and resell items as cheap knockoffs. Sure Chinese products are getting better manufactured but that is only due to North American companies doing the training and ensuring quality standards are met. We are our own problems. Not just the consumers but the companies as well. Our greed has helped China become the economic powerhouse they have become.
Bang on. Canada and the USA created this problem with China. North America has sacrificed families, jobs, and farmers. Just to get screwed over by the Chinese. There is nothing that comes from China that can’t be produced within the confines of North America. We need governments that are willing to grow our own economies first. We need governments that only trade what is surplus to our needs and at a good price which benefits its citizens.

Why are we trading with a country that doesn’t give a **** about it carbon emissions or treats it’s people poorly? Why do we support these tyrants?

BW
Old 07-01-2019, 08:27 AM
Banned

I see huawei is running commercial ads on tv pretty hard to promote their phones. Any Canadian, or North American for that matter who purchases a huawei phone should be slapped upside da head! It’s like spitting in the face of our producers.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I see huawei is running commercial ads on tv pretty hard to promote their phones. Any Canadian, or North American for that matter who purchases a huawei phone should be slapped upside da head! It’s like spitting in the face of our producers.
Add any cooperations taking Huawei advertising dollars should be subjected to a 250 percent tariff and taxed 250 percent on the revenue! For a first offence. Keep doubling subsequent offences!

BW
Old 07-01-2019, 10:39 AM

Thumbs down there are many reasons for this development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Huawei is doing the old "say it loud enough and often enough, and people will believe it". As have many other companies operated by the PRC communist government.
North American society was warned about doing business with the PRC as far back as the 70's. Because there was money to be made, people were not interested in listening to the warnings. Now we are getting a small taste of what many pacific rim countries have dealing with for years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phones.jpg (22.9 KB, 17 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 07-01-2019, 11:14 AM
Banned

Default There should be a nation wide ban

There should be a public call across North America to boycott all huawei products. I can’t beleive something hasn’t been started on Facebook or Instagram already.