Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-28-2013, 09:33 PM

Default Info on selling a collection

Ive got about 15-20 rifles I'm thinking of selling. Does anybody know who may buy a whole collection? I'm not too interested in selling each one individually on here or cgn. I would rather find a potential buyer for the whole lot and meet in person, rather than taking a whack of pics and sending them electronically.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:53 PM

marstar.ca advertises that they buy collections. Not sure how that would work with them being in Ontario but you could give them a call.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:55 PM

You should have a list of what you have, I am sure there are guys on here that would be interested in a whole collection if it's up their alley.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:04 PM

probably get a lot more $ if sold individually
Old 03-01-2013, 07:44 AM

Yeah, though of that but taking pictures and sending is a huge pain in the ass. Would rather meet potential buyers and go from there.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranch11 View Post
Yeah, though of that but taking pictures and sending is a huge pain in the ass. Would rather meet potential buyers and go from there.
Hard to meet buyers to sell something to if they aren't fully aware of what you have for sale.....

....here is an easy way....

Make a free photobucket account, add pics of the rifles.....then post a list of what you have for sale along with the link to the photbucket account....then it is as easy as sending an email with a list and a link.

LC
Old 03-01-2013, 05:47 PM

There are gunshops that will sell your collection on consignment.I believe Profet River does this.

-Teddy Roosevelt
Old 03-01-2013, 06:02 PM

If I remember correctly Milarm in Edmonton buys collections.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:22 PM

Default prepared

All of the above and also preparation. I know a lot of people that collect but most want to do some preliminary planning on what the collection is, what the approximate price is and if the seller has realistic expectations.
I dont know if I am meeting on a parking lot in Black Diamond with $200 in my pocket to buy a few cooeys or $15000 to buy some great stuff.
I am not meeting anyone with that kind of money in my pocket with out a little research in advance on description, quality of pieces, condition and expectations of the seller.
You could be wasting my time and I could be wasting yours with out a little advance chat, pictures (so I know you really have them) and some general discussions.

shadiest deal I have ever participated was only a couple weeks ago when I received excellent picures of a rare Brno rifle. Everything looked good, I had the sellers name and phone number and called him to make sure he existed and it wasnt a scam. Third party checks revealed the person and number were legit. After all that and we settled into payment terms he wanted to change the email info to send the emt to another mailbox. Alarms went off and I almost bailed on the deal. Called him again and determined we had been chatting on his work email and wanted it sent to home email to avoid any "work" problems.
Immaculate rifle arrived this week in the original BRNO box.

Lots of scam artists out there so caution is being exercised. Personally if I was selling a collection I wouldnt meet until the details were pretty much hammered out and the meeting is basically to confirm condition and description and money exchanges hands.
A lot of due diligence steps before that.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Banned

I don't know where you are but there is a gun auction in Edmonton on the 9th.

Not the best way to see a good return usually but its a one stop deal and a whole room of buyers competeing with each other so sometimes its the best way to part with stuff.
They'll also take gun related material such as slings... ammo... brass... dies.... etc.

Meiers is the company name....they do one every 3 months or so.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:18 AM

I found a buyer.