Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-01-2013, 06:42 PM

Default RedField

Just wondering if anyone has checked out the Redfield Revenge rifle scopes with the built in range finder with the big game reticle?
Old 03-01-2013, 09:42 PM

Default Revenge

I have mounted on a .223 that I take coyote hunting. It is the varmint version so it has marks for gopher, coyote, and deer sized animals. I was playing around with the yardage estimations and thought they were fairly close. I could range coyote and deer fairly accurately when I compared them to the range finder numbers. It was fun and I can see it being useful in the future when I become more familiar and faster with it.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:54 PM

I threw one on an old .303brit I had laying around just for fun and was suprised it seems to be a decent scope for the money the field of view seems a little small but it is clear and has held zero so far. I have heard the revolutions hold up a bit better though.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:31 AM

Default Redfield

To be honest I think there is too much going on for a scope. The process seems like it would be a little complicated when you only have that split-second for the shot. IMHO
Personally I love the redfield line and I have complete faith in them. Redfield revolutions that is, I have three of them on three different calibers from 7mm-08 up to a .300 WBY mag. so far they have been rock solid and they are number one for me for quality and price. Best price point scopes on the market and they have an excellent lifetime warranty.
I use a rangefinder and then shoot. I dont have time to mess around with the zoom etc when you have only seconds (sometimes) to get that bullet moving!! Im not sure if it makes a difference to you but the Revenge is made overseas as the REVO is made in the Leupold factory. A few good vids on youtube on how they are made.
Just my 2 cents.......
Cheers, Dudes2010