Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-04-2008, 11:34 AM

Default Fishing BC

So in the summer my dad and I are driving to Vancouver to visit my uncle, and we are going to be camping along the way, so I got a couple questions, how do I get a BC fishing licence, with an AB WIN number? and what are some good places to fish that are along the way to Vancouver?
Old 01-04-2008, 11:45 AM

you only need your drivers licence to get a B.C Angling Permit. No WIN card needed. Costs arn't bad but it depends what u want. Freshwater, Freshwater with a Salmon Tag, or Tidal Waters. You can get a yearly, 8, 3 or 1 day licence. Different costs for each.
Hope this helped
Old 01-04-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett01 View Post
you only need your drivers licence to get a B.C Angling Permit. No WIN card needed. Costs arn't bad but it depends what u want. Freshwater, Freshwater with a Salmon Tag, or Tidal Waters. You can get a yearly, 8, 3 or 1 day licence. Different costs for each.
Hope this helped
Thanks, I'm only 16, so I'm assuming my learners would work?

Well your Alberta Win # means nothing in BC. Fishing in BC is way different regarding Non residents. Best bet is to go to the BC government site.

, in the regs it you what species are in what river at the given time of year. Fishing shops are usually a big help and will give you hot spots. i fish up north (terrace, Kitimat, ect) so i cant help you with the spots to fish.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:48 AM

yes your learners will, i went through the same deal a couple yeras ago haha.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:41 PM

your WIN wont work, you only need some sort of gov id, i lived in bc for almost a year and they told me when i got my lic. is that everything will be done over the net next year so have a look on the site and or phone them, and if it didnt change any gas satation along hwy 1 will be able to issue u a lic. and for a spot if u wanna catch some nice fish turn on the road that takes you to the north shoshwap and there will be a bridge that you cross and under it there be a river under which is amazing full of trout and samlon. and if you go past vancouver hit up squamish river in sqaumish, or before van is chilliwak , there is a river called vadder/chilliwack river, this river is one of the best rivers im almost all of bc, huge springs, steelheads, huge cutthroats, ect. best method for this river is fly fishing, and the other is thing if your in vancouver goto northvan and find the capilano river this river hold lots of coho, and pinks,and if you have a boat try out alleoute lake in golden rars park beside mapleridge, beautiful area and amazing lake fishing, this lake has lake trout, pinks, coho, and lots of big bulls. lol i think im done talking now lol, as u can see i did alot of fishing bc (was suposed to be learning instead ) hope the info helps ya if u have anymore questions just ask
Old 01-04-2008, 06:53 PM

the fishin hole sales all fresh water with the regs
g
Old 01-05-2008, 01:26 AM

I now live in BC and my kids live in Edmonton and come out fishing lots All you need is a drivers licence The WIN is useless here. The electronic licence purchase info just arrived today Website is www.fishing.gov.bc.ca/
You can still buy your license at any sporting goods store also
Make sure you read the reg's in detail BC with its years of previous NDP gov'ts have just a nightmare of regulations and licenses are more expensive than any other province I've lived in and BC is the 5th one

Gord
Old 01-06-2008, 01:55 AM

I live in BC and do charters out here, and have my whole life. They actually offer 1 day, 3 day, 5 day, or annual licenses. As in looking for places to fish, many a lake along the way, although I don't live in the interior so I can't say any specifics. Ever think of going to the island to go salmon and hali fishing? Some of the best in the world....

David
Old 01-06-2008, 08:41 AM

riffer

A got to have book: B.C. Fishing, Freshwater Directory & Atlas. It is much the same as the Barry Mitchell one for AB.

Tons of fishing opportunities by any route you choose to travel by !
So, in order for us to help you out better, which route are you using, and are you just going to fish when camping the end of day, or "lolly gag" your way over ?
I've lived all over B.C. & may be able to help you out, depending on which route you use...