Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-22-2007, 11:57 AM
dicktater2

Default Blood Indian Fishing Derby, June 2nd

Just posting a tournament, Blood Indian, also known as Bigstone is located just south of Youngstown, AB or just north of Jenner. (Trout fishing) June 2 from 7am-6pm. Both adult and kids competitions. Our family goes out every year and has a blast.
Does anyone know of any other fishing derby dates for the summer in southern AB?, or of other good fishing holes in south or central AB
Old 05-23-2007, 06:15 PM
packhuntr

Hey, the Newell summer derby is on fathers day weekend. Registration was at the north marina two yrs ago{the last time they had the derby}. I actually ended up winning the bloody thing. Most pounds ever weighed in in its history, a three fish avg that came in at just over 41 pounds{all were catch and release pike}, and nailed the second biggest pike they have ever weighed. Its a one dayer, so if you go, i think its on the saturday, you best capitalize on the morning feed, as i think she was all over at 3pm. Hard to say what they will do this year though. Ya, and since you speak of Blood Indian, my Dad pulled 2nd out of there this past winter at their derby. I dont really derby fish, but will admit to kinda getting off on getting serious and tryin to take these boys money home. These local ones are the only derbies i know about, though i dont think im much help to you.

keep a strain on er.