Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Milk River Ridge

Default Milk River Ridge

Hi, heading out tomorrow (if rain holds off) for the first walleye trip of my life. I have never fished MRRR before but have heard on this forum that it is a great place to find walleye. I am here to ask for tips or locations. We have a fish finder on our boat, a fast array of lures and bait and only now would love some tips.
thanks in advance.

Corey.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:30 PM
appreciated

Default appreciated

thanks for all the help. think i'll try a different board.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:40 PM
mcgregor hot now

Default mcgregor hot now

Was at the dam caught limit of pike and some nice walleye just before dark. All on dew worms.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:38 PM
hello?

Default hello?

guy you posted the night before you wanted to go fishing and expected detailed reports also dont you know its the long weekend and most people arent in town :\
Old 05-23-2007, 03:22 PM
so what

Default so what

i apoligize for the short notice on the question. I guess I should think about the time frame a little better. i didn't brave the weather on monday anyways, i sat at home and sulked all day. My wife hated that !!!!!! too bad for her i guess. i plan to get the boat and father in law out tomorrow afternoon. i bought some bottom bouncers and some jig heads with flashers, some blue/silver rapalas, some 00 five o' diamonds, and some great frozen minnows. that should cover it right? plan on trolling around until we find a group on the finder and then jig for them. hopefully that will work as this is our first attempt ever at getting a walleye on the line.
again, i apoligize, wasn't trying to ruffle any scales on this forum.

corey
Old 05-23-2007, 03:33 PM
sheep hunter

Default Re: so what

Early season walleye are typically more in tune with more subtle presentations like jigging or livebait rigging. As the water warms up so too does their activity level increase. Likely the best presentation you could try on Ridge a little later in the season would be a bottom bouncer and spinner rig. Right now I'd be working jigs or livebait rigs.