Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-29-2007, 04:01 PM
-NDN-

Default Personal Goals for the 2007 Fishing season?

Curious to know everyones goals they have set out for themselves for the 2007 season?

Mine, are not very much, as I enjoy just to get out.

- Attempt to break the Alberta Walleye Record (and do it on NSR)
- Attempt to break the Alberta Goldeye Record (also on NSR, but with a flyrod)
- Get out more with my family as a whole.
- Catch a Bull Trout over 25 Inches
- Catch a Rainbow Tout over 20 inches (in a pond)
- Catch a Sturgeon out of the NSR over 50 pounds more than once
- Do a fishing trip on the NSR drifting it with a pontoon boat, and camp out a couple nights on one of the many islands.
- Hit the RDR more than i did last year.
- Bushwack around Forestry Trunk road to find and flyfish some new tribs to bigger rivers.

Last edited by -NDN-; 05-29-2007 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:06 PM

....other than just fishing more, I really want to catch a sturgeon, a big freak'n one!

Remi
Old 05-29-2007, 04:10 PM

Holy Moly... experts here. I just want to get out in nice weather and catch something decent most days. I like the experience. The actual fish just makes it seem like I'm actually accomplishing something. One or two nice ones are good enough for that.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Winchester70

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NDN- View Post
Curious to know everyones goals they have set out for themselves for the 2007 season?

Mine, are not very much, as I enjoy just to get out.

- Attempt to break the Alberta Walleye Record (and do it on NSR)
- Attempt to break the Alberta Goldeye Record (also on NSR, but with a flyrod)
- Get out more with my family as a whole.
- Catch a Bull Trout over 25 Inches
- Catch a Rainbow Tout over 20 inches
- Catch a Sturgeon out of the NSR over 50 pounds more than once
- Do a fishing trip on the NSR drifting it with a pontoon boat, and camp out a couple nights on one of the many islands.
- Hit the RDR more than i did last year.
- Bushwack around Forestry Trunk road to find and flyfish some new tribs to bigger rivers.
Did anyone ever call you a dreamer??
Old 05-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Gone Hunting

I think my goal is gonna be the same as last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. Im lookin to knock Schwanky and his 46 and a half inch C&R slough shark OUTA-THERE!!!!!!! Im goin big, and yip, im comin after ya!!!! Just kiddin, but not really.....

keep a strain on er.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Still trying to land that 20+ pound pike on the fly.
Flying up to Namur Lake Lodge the 3rd week in June and hope to do it there. Was with Ken Bailey when he pulled one about 22-pounds on the fly at Namur about 7 years ago. Of course, with a little luck, I'll do it at Baptiste before then.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:09 PM

4 more species of sportfish in Alberta to go, 5 more on the fly. I think i can at least half those numbers
Old 05-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Doc Holiday

Default 07 goals

Im not gonna be too picky really, but would guess first-off the biggest goal to keep, is just gettin out there on the water alot more! Not too mention some quality Family time... fishin with the wifee and my yard monkies.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Goals

Well I definately want to get out more than last year. I'm going to Charles lake up north in July and I have my sights set on a laker over 20lbs! My personal best is only 14 lbs, so I have dreaming about what a really big one looks like. I would also like to hit up Island lake by hanmore lake to see if there are any of those smallies that are rumoured to be still around, although that's been on my list since 1985 !!! This year I will make time!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Winchester70

Heh...my goal is to have a safe and happy fishinig season..

Campfires cooking a few walleye fillets,a few brews with friends,stars that don't end,northernlights that make you say "Wow"..

It's vacation time and I hope you all have great stories and pics to share with the rest of us,,
Old 05-29-2007, 11:17 PM

Laker.

I had seven on my line last season (first time going for them ever) and boated none.

I'm entering my 16th season as an arborist and after the last 8 months of researching lakers I may just know almost as much about them as trees!

Anyone know a good (read: cheap) fish taxidermist that would be willing to trade tree work for a mount?

Tree
Old 05-30-2007, 12:19 AM

I'd like to eat a few walleye, find a lake with decent perch fishing (sizewise), and catch a pike over 10 pounds, maybe out of Wabamun. Also, learn to flyfish and maybe bring in a couple rainbows at Chickakoo on the flyrod.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:34 AM
Banned

I just wanna get out lots But some specific goals would be landing a 14+ inch brookie out of a certain river I fish where they are mostly under 12 inches, landing a 20+ inch bully, landing my first sturgeon, landing a walleye over 8 pounds in the NSR, and competing for that goldeye record on the flyrod with NDN
Old 05-30-2007, 05:04 AM
-NDN-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester70 View Post
Did anyone ever call you a dreamer??

Nope , but i can see 5 of those happening. and that ain't bad. You shoot big and settle for the end result. But really, record walleye out of the NSR is a reality for anyone No doubt in my mind the large 13 pound and up walleyes that are pulled out downstream of edmonton, have broken the latest record time and time again, but not alot of people use scales or tape measure, they just get a picture and release it back.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:24 AM
Banned

I dont know about another walleye record out of the NSR..there are so many other places now with huge walleyes, like calling, or pembina river, or athabasca...but who knows, ill try for it
Old 05-30-2007, 07:33 AM

30 inch plus wally! Had one last year like a mm below 30. Gona raise the bar again this year I hope.

40 inch plus pike.

I'd like to add sturgeon, bull trout, brown trout, and a laker to my list of species caught. With the amount of fishing i do on the NSR id say i'm due to catch my sturgeon.

Good Luck reaching your goals for the year guy's!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 07:41 AM
50BMG

Last edited by 50BMG; 10-19-2007 at 11:17 AM.