Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-31-2017, 06:31 AM

Default Some of WMU 300 is closed

I saw this on a group on Facebook this morning...If you're heading down to 300, check before you head out! The Weather Network is not calling for any rain for the next 2 weeks down here...

FYI everybody, all nature conservancy of Canada land in the Pincher creek, Cardston area is closed to hunting or any access due to drought. That's WMU 300 A and 300B. So anybody who got the early elk draw is going to have to do some research about land access. The land owner I had permission with sent me an email about this last night.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:25 AM

NCC lands in all of southern AB are closed, including those closer to Calgary. Bookings from Sept 1-Sept 6 are cancelled, and I am assuming unless we get major precipitation (or frost at night) they will just keep pushing that closure forward.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:05 PM

Many private lands are closing down permission till rain comes as well in 300.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:44 PM

Is there a website that a guy can check to see where there are closures?
Old 08-31-2017, 04:40 PM

Default zone 304 and 305 west of Claresholm

for anyone heading out to 304 or 305 call land owners before going out!! most ranches have completely shut down access until further notice due to dry conditions. Please respect their concerns as this is their land and lively hoods at risk if a fire should start. once conditions change access will be given to those with permision
Old 09-03-2017, 06:29 PM

I would just like to remind hunters that random camping isn't allowed on grazing leases. While I'm allowing foot access on lease land , I'm having trouble with hunters (and campers ) who realize that random camping isn't ok in the new Castle park , but think it's allowed on neighbouring lease land. Our skies are filled with smoke from Montana and BC , everyone here is nervous about a new fire in our back yard. Please be careful out there.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:59 PM

I see Waterton just closed down the backcountry today.

Goodluck landowner these conditions are getting severe.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:21 PM

From Alberta Parks (FB):
The safety of Alberta Parks' visitors is our top priority.
With wildfires threatening parks and campgrounds in the province, there are several current and impending closures people need to be aware of.
- In southern Alberta, a full forest closure is expected to be in place by 10 a.m. on Monday, September 4. This closure will include all areas south of Willow Creek.
- The South Castle Valley in Castle Wildland Provincial Park is now closed.
- A full closure of Castle Wildland Provincial Park is expected to take place by the afternoon of Monday, September 4.
- A wildfire north of Crescent Falls Provincial Recreation Area has led to its closure and the evacuation of the campground.
- The threat of wildfires has also closed several trails in Castle Provincial Park, Thompson Creek Provincial Recreation Area and Kootenay Provincial Recreation Area. Visit our website for details: http://www.albertaparks.ca/…/advisor...-…/advisories/
Wildfire conditions in these areas are well past the extreme level. In these conditions, wildfires can move very fast, and embers can create new fires several kilometres away. Forecasts indicate a new fire can reach up to 45 hectares in size in under an hour.
Please stay safe, and visit AlbertaParks.ca for the latest details on closures.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:27 AM

I'm staying home until we get some rain. Way to dry to be out there. Even if I'm not the to cause a fire, I doubt I can outrun one on foot.