Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-13-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blgoodbrand1 View Post
Well went to pull the trigger on a saw today.....until I realized that the smallest saw I can get with a full wrap is the 562xp.
It’s a bit more cash than I was thinking so I came home to think some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It looks like Countryside Motor Sports in Grande Prairie sells Echo. I'd go have a look at their saws and see if there's one you like. Maybe the CS 620PW would fit the bill for what you're looking for. I wanted a Stihl when I was looking but ended up getting a Echo CS-490 for 399 bucks on sale at the dealer. Has pretty much the same features as the Stihl but was half the price so I figured it was worth trying out. Im pretty damn impressed with the saw. Starts easy and runs good. I do need to do the muffler mod to open it up a bit more, but other then that Im pretty happy with it for the 10-15 days a year I spend out cutting wood. Echo also has a 5 year warranty if your not using them for commercial use.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 01-15-2018, 06:13 PM

if it was me i would search and find a 272 ,372, 281 or 044, 440 ,038 all good saws . no way would i buy one of those little tomato siicer get a saw that you can adjust the carb .
Old 01-15-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealevel View Post
if it was me i would search and find a 272 ,372, 281 or 044, 440 ,038 all good saws . no way would i buy one of those little tomato siicer get a saw that you can adjust the carb .

I’ve got a 372xp.
I want a smaller saw that’s easier and lighter to pack. I ordered a 562 today, pick it up tomorrow.

Old 01-16-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
I’ve got a 372xp.
I want a smaller saw that’s easier and lighter to pack. I ordered a 562 today, pick it up tomorrow.

The 562xp is a nice saw. Had mine for 2.5 years with no issues. It has cut at least 20 cords of wood +trail clearing.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
I’ve got a 372xp.

well good luck with it .
Old 01-16-2018, 05:58 PM

Generally I'm a Husky guy although I got a killer deal on a lightly used Stihl 291. Maybe not as large as your looking for but I cut 7 cords of wood this fall with it as I heat 98% with my blaze king. So far I'm impressed. I would like a smaller sized saw now in the MS 250 range to buck up the trees I fell for firewood and to keep on my work truck/quad.