Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-04-2013, 12:51 PM

Default Pods or Big Steel Box for moving and storage?

Moving at the end of the month and have to store our stuff for a month before the new house is ready. My questions:

Have any of you used either company?

Would you recommend?

What size and how many containers did you end up using?

Thanks, guys. Your help is appreciated.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:31 PM

We used a pod this summer when we moved. Had a 12 foot long pod, fit everything that we needed to store in it. Don't remember the exact cost but you pay for drop off, storage and then delivery to the new place. Was a good experience. Called to book the pod, showed up on time was picked up when requested and then delivered when needed. I would definately use them again.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:38 PM

We used big steel box this summer. They delivered on time on both ends and picked it up when we wanted them to. Overall they were everything you could want and if (god forbid) I ever move again I would use them again.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:43 PM

Last year I moved to Toronto and I had King's Transfer (http://www.kingstransfer.com/services) to do the moving for me. I had some work to be completed before leaving to Toronto and was worried about the shipment to reach few days earlier to me. I asked the moving service to hold it for few days and they gave me the option of storing it in a Govt. approved warehouse and for a reasonable charge. I was happy with that facility that they've given. I don't know much about other services but that option was a great help for me.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2guys View Post
We used a pod this summer when we moved. Had a 12 foot long pod, fit everything that we needed to store in it. Don't remember the exact cost but you pay for drop off, storage and then delivery to the new place. Was a good experience. Called to book the pod, showed up on time was picked up when requested and then delivered when needed. I would definately use them again.
My friend just finished doing the same and his experience was very similar and highly recommended them.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:42 AM

Used a Pod back in '11, and had a positive experience. The system that they use to manoeuver the pod is quite versatile.