Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-23-2019, 11:23 PM

Vancouver targeted the players that are going to be targeted in the playoffs. They will go after Smith because they know he gets worked up; I think BSD does a little as well. And any team is going to target Johnny because of his talent and the ability to get him worked up as well. Neal didn't look too bad tonight after a 17 game lay off. Hathaway played a real good game and with him and Bennett banging in the playoff you might have a "Ferland" effect. If Peters can get the Flames to play like Detroit did under Babcock, playing hard between the whistle and forgetting all the garbage, then I think they will do well.

I think Gio is going to win the Norris because 1. his biggest competition is Burns and going back to back on the norris is tough 2. He is 35 years old 3. He plays better at both ends then Burns. 1-2 months ago Johnny was in the conversation for the Hart but I think he has fell of in that race, which really doesn't matter at this point with Kucherov running away with it.

It was a entertaining game.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:54 PM

Smith gets the start again tonight. Rittich is feeling under the weather apparently. Playing the worst team in the west (no not the Oilers, that's next week). Hopefully we can put even more space between us and the fish.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
Smith gets the start again tonight.
I saw that as well and get the sinking feeling that he is going to be the starter for the playoffs.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:37 PM

Soooo looking forward to this game Got to luv these remarks by Doughty

Quote:
Drew Doughty just teed off on Matthew Tkachuk, who he'll face tonight: "No respect for him, none. I respect everyone else. I’ll never talk to him off the ice. ... He’s not respected by most of the people in the league, it’s not just me – that’s just a fact
According to the guys on 960 he also said the Flames are easy to defend against. What is Doughty -30 this year lol. Hope Peters prints those quotes and hang it in the Flames dressing room, and light em up tonight

Looks like they are saving Quick to play against Oilers tomorrow lol
Old 03-25-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Soooo looking forward to this game Got to luv these remarks by Doughty

According to the guys on 960 he also said the Flames are easy to defend against. What is Doughty -30 this year lol. Hope Peters prints those quotes and hang it in the Flames dressing room, and light em up tonight

Looks like they are saving Quick to play against Oilers tomorrow lol
Seen all this today and I hope he gets dummied tonight, love to see Tkachuk lay him out. I'm sure won't be Doughty scrapping Tkachuk just run his mouth and have the token tough guy on Kings go after 19. Typical pu$$

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
... he also said the Flames are easy to defend against.
That must be why they are 0-2 against the Flames this year, because they are so easy to defend against.

Oh Doughty, when trolling, there has to be some element of truth in it or you just come across looking dumb.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:28 PM

Dumb is pretty much Doughty's default look, isn't it? All the same, I hope Flames take the game serious and get the points, and avoid injuries.

Go Flames Go!!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-25-2019, 07:30 PM

Flames can't seem to put two passes together, but they sure have turned the puck over a lot so far in this game....they need to get focused. Not looking sharp at all.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-25-2019, 07:42 PM

LA brings puck behind Smith's net, but he moves post to post to follow it....and manages to lose his stick and fall down in his own crease, though nobody touched him or was even within 5 feet of him. The whole team looks that lame, in fairness and context...

Old 03-25-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
LA brings puck behind Smith's net, but he moves post to post to follow it....and manages to lose his stick and fall down in his own crease, though nobody touched him or was even within 5 feet of him. The whole team looks that lame, in fairness and context...
Lol i was about to comment on that too. The LA player must of been going really fast to create a wind that strong to knock Smith over. That or Smith is just being his usual discombobulated self.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
Lol i was about to comment on that too. The LA player must of been going really fast to create a wind that strong to knock Smith over. That or Smith is just being his usual discombobulated self.
It was not one of the more confidence inspiring moments for Smith. Like he spontaneously exploded going from post to post.....and that late penalty for the 5 on 3 was really undisciplined. They look like they all binge drank last night.

Hey Neal? Wake the **** up and earn your fat ass salary, huh? Geeez.....

Old 03-25-2019, 08:14 PM

And Chucky misses an empty net....someone got too excited and flashed the goal light. What a let down.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:20 PM

I am kind of surprised we came out of that long 5 on 3 unscathed. I think everyone is passed waiting for Neal to produce. We have had some good looks, i feel a goal coming.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:28 PM

Well at least if Neal can't score, he can take dumb O zone penalties. That's two so far....good practice for the PK unit. Thanks for that.....

Old 03-25-2019, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Well at least if Neal can't score, he can take dumb O zone penalties. That's two so far....good practice for the PK unit. Thanks for that.....
At least he is doing something and trying to get involved. He has been so disappointing on more than a few levels this year. I hope for the best though.

Smith has made some nice saves tonight.

We seem to be taking it to them but seem to have found yet another HOT goalie...

Lets get a UGLY STINKY GREASY one....
Old 03-25-2019, 08:36 PM

Flames have a lot of shots, but very few high quality imo. Most of them are from 30± feet out with no traffic, but goalie seeing them all the way. He has a good glove.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:37 PM

Well, as Peter's said, Neal was good for us when he was out.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:43 PM

At least the Ryan line is looking good again tonight. Not sure if Johnny has made a pass tonight, and Monahan looks completely off...I'm starting to think he is playing injured.

I sure hope he isn't. The 3M line also looking good, stirring the pot. Only a matter of time before something goes in.

Our token Swede Fantenberg fighting Tofoli over a busted stick (well, it was more wrestling) should shame them all.....

Old 03-25-2019, 08:48 PM
Banned

Yes, Ryan does look great.

Here comes the 3rd!!!

I am calling it a 3-1 final for the boys in red.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Yes, Ryan does look great.

Here comes the 3rd!!!

I am calling it a 3-1 final for the boys in red.
I could go with that. I think they come out to play the third, Gio is probably giving them a 'pep' talk.....

Old 03-25-2019, 09:04 PM

Chucky gets Doughty with the retaliation slash for the pp....nice!

Smith has to make a big save. He does.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:19 PM

Well that sucks.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:22 PM

25 more icings by LA and the game will be over.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:26 PM

True.

If the Flames could make a pass, and control puck in the o zone it wouldn't get iced though.....

Old 03-25-2019, 09:30 PM

There you go. Another horrible pass, and an empty net goal for LA.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:31 PM

ESPN has them at 33 giveaways right now.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
ESPN has them at 33 giveaways right now.
Sounds conservative. Just a really bad game all around. I guess it happens.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:36 PM

Depressing to say the least. Game not lost due to smith and frolics only one who showed up. Pathetic pukie face
Old 03-25-2019, 09:38 PM

Well that game had all the optics of watching a really ugly shaved dog walking away....

Old 03-25-2019, 09:41 PM

3-0 to the second worst team in the league. Not a good result. Monahan still wearing his invisibility cloak. 42 shots on net and not a single goal.