Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-14-2012, 08:12 PM

Default Close calls

Was on 14th street heading south tonight, next to Nose hill park, and just North of the Police station and just hit the 50km zone. Luckily I was going 45km/hr when I saw a 5 pt buck standing next to the road, about 5 feet to the right of my front right bumper. It was dusk so lights were not much use nor were my eyes. Closest call for hitting a deer in a while. Poor thing was standing between heavy traffic and the fence to Nose hill park. Hope he doesn't end up getting hit.

Also I once saw 3 deer frantically pacing between the northbound and southbound lanes of QE II just North of Calgary and hardly anyone slowed down. This was in broad daylight!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:13 PM

Default Move thread to Main. Pls & thx

oops thought I was in the main category!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little redneck View Post
Was on 14th street heading south tonight, next to Nose hill park, and just North of the Police station and just hit the 50km zone. Luckily I was going 45km/hr when I saw a 5 pt buck standing next to the road, about 5 feet to the right of my front right bumper. It was dusk so lights were not much use nor were my eyes. Closest call for hitting a deer in a while. Poor thing was standing between heavy traffic and the fence to Nose hill park. Hope he doesn't end up getting hit.
He seems to like to hang out there. He was in the same spot last Thursday evening around 7:30pm.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
He seems to like to hang out there. He was in the same spot last Thursday evening around 7:30pm.
He won't be hanging out there long the way people drive in this city. It always amazes me when I go to Bragg creek and people speed by the cows in the ditch.