Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-05-2018, 10:34 PM

Default The Reel Doctor was robbed...keep your eyes open for stuff being sold!

I am sure a lot of you know this by now, but I told Trevor I would post on here to help spread the word. He has a lot of garbage to deal with right now so he cannot even think of small stuff like this.

Anyway, some dirtbags broke into his shop and cleaned him totally out. Customer's gear, his inventory, computers, accounting stuff....the whole enchilada.

So please keep an eye out there for stuff being sold....and help a guy out who has helped many others.

From his FB page:

Do in fact all bad things come in 3s? Came to the shop this morning and the place has been robbed and ransacked unreal.unfrickenreal
***Please keep a look out for guys trying to sell aqua vu micro 5 systems , 715c camera systems , an over abundance of high end rods and reel and tackle , 2 minn kota terrova I pilot trolling motors , 2 vantage 80 minn kota, 101 vantage , terrova 80 ipilot, minn kota deckhand 40
Computers and printers, tools ,
Drills, fly reels and rods so much more I'm just sick to my stomach

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015
Old 08-06-2018, 10:33 AM

Damned thieves!! Need stricter laws and punishments for thieves in this country. They are a scourge on society. Bad enough to have the governments and their agencies hands so far in to our pockets already, without low life’s like this trying to steal what’s left of an honest, hard working, pleasant and helpful guys livelihood. Makes me sick and I must wonder if the Saudi’s solution to this social problem is perhaps working a lot better than ours is.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:08 PM

Unfortunately it seems that our laws protect the criminals. We need to change the law. Crime reform should be something we demand is address during the next election at all levels.

Just aweful. Keeping my eyes peeled.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:12 PM

I’ve only ever dealt with Trevor once when I got my minn Kota serviced last year but he was a great guy and he stayed late to shoot the breeze and talk fishing.

Thieves are the complete scum especially when they target an independent shop like this.

Hopefully he gets things sorted out and back up and running. I’d hate to see him close the doors permanently. It reminds me of when wholesale closed, you don’t miss these places until they are gone. Support your local shops folks.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:16 AM
AO Sponsor

My guess is either they have a dirtbag buddy with a fishing shop or more likely, they are planning to put this stuff all thru eBay. Somebody start hunting them!
Old 08-07-2018, 08:20 AM

I'm not sure how they will be able to sell most of this stuff. Should be fairly easy to track down if they try

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2018, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyechaser View Post
I'm not sure how they will be able to sell most of this stuff. Should be fairly easy to track down if they try

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Not sure how it would be easy? There are thousand of anglers who are not aware of what was stolen. There is no registration required for any one who buys any of the things stolen. The only way I see them being caught is if they sell the items really really cheap and the buyer gets suspicious, is honest and checks the serial numbers with police.

I hope they catch the dirty buggers but I think it is going to be hard to catch them.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:14 PM

Rough deal Trev. I saw the pictures, can't imagine trying to come up with an inventory just out of my boat, let alone your store. I sure hope you get some justice out of this. I really hope insurance treats you right.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-08-2018, 10:55 AM

B&E are pretty common for retail/commercial business. I have had to deal with 13 B&E in the last 17 years. I am located about 5 mins drive straight west of the Reel Doctor and on the weekends its really quiet in the industrial areas on the south side of Edmonton. Lots of time for thieves to scope out things. We used to have a Edmonton Police Service location just down the street but they moved all they way out to Terwillegar and on the weekends EPS is more concerned with Whyte Ave than commercial business. This comment is right from the EPS, themselves, so I stopped calling them. Took me 10 years to get our security just right to stop the stealing. Knock on wood, we have been lucky for the last 4 years.

On a side note, something that caught my eye in the pictures is the computer cables. If this was just a smash and grab by some petty thieves the cables would be cut. Thieves in a hurry do not take the time to disconnect cables. I would be more worried about what was on that computer tower, personal information(including mine as I am a customer of Reel Doctor), credit card numbers, etc. I am not certain what information retail business retain but it seems like everything is stored digital this days. I have been in his shoes many times and it sucks.