Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-26-2018, 07:45 PM

Default Thanks

This thread caused to me to do some research on spine indexing. Really interesting stuff and never really considered it before. I always did a spin test and called it good. I looked at the Ram product but that was $250 USD. Went on Archery Talk DIY section and decided to build my own. Works great and total cost was under $30 (I had the ball hitch already but a cheaper option would be a 2 lb fishing weight). Already identified that over have my arrows have the cock vane on the weak side of the arrow.

Last edited by jungleboy; 01-01-2024 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
This thread caused to me to do some research on spine indexing. Really interesting stuff and never really considered it before. I always did a spin test and called it good. I looked at the Ram product but that was $250 USD. Went on Archery Talk DIY section and decided to build my own. Works great and total cost was under $30 (I had the ball hitch already but a cheaper option would be a 2 lb fishing weight). Already identified that over have my arrows have the cock vane on the weak side of the arrow.
That's a great looking setup. Where did you find the gauge and what is it called? Wouldn't mind building one of these.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodeemus1 View Post
That's a great looking setup. Where did you find the gauge and what is it called? Wouldn't mind building one of these.
Gauge was at Princess auto. I have since changed out the drawer rollers for 4 roller-blade bearings. I went to United cycle to buy them and the tech gave me 4 used ones for free. The arrow rolls a lot smother now.