Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-11-2011, 01:26 PM

Default Lake Mcgregor worth fishing?

Hey guys, new to the forum and just picked up my first 12ft boat, really excited about getting on the water. Im in calgary and have been doing research on some of the lakes nearby. Havent seen much info on Mcgregor? Is this worth a try??? Definately gonna check out Travers, Keho, Chin , Newell, Chain Lakes, anything else worth a look?? Im pretty unfamiliar with what is north and west of calgary?
Thx
Old 05-11-2011, 02:45 PM

Congrats on your boat, I have a 12ft boat as well it definitely beats shore fishing. There is a lake a little north and a little east of calgary called bruce lake. I've been there a couple times and its ok. Maybe somebody else will pitch in but it may be prone to winterkill as its pretty shallow. You can catch some little hammer handles there. Ghost is a pretty tough lake to fish and Bearspaw is tough to access launching a boat. Macgregor is ok, I have fished it all my life, but it has really gone downhill in the past few years. I haven't been to Pine Coulee Reservoir (east of Stavely) but I have heard that it is worth a look.

I hope this info helps, let us know how you make out trying these lakes out.

Good luck,

Chris
Old 05-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Banned

Are you car-topping?,, What are you targetting?
Your answer to the first question may get you a nice hole to try your luck at MacGreg.