Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-10-2011, 08:54 PM

Default Ghoust lake

Hey, guys. I'm new to the board but I'm fishing a lot. Like to go to Guoast lake, just west from Calgary for lake trout fishing. Never fish up there... Any tips??? A week ago was on Clear lake for pike. Get a few but water still cold and fish wasn't aggressive . Thanks
Old 05-11-2011, 12:04 AM

hey so last year me and my buddy put our fishing boat on ghost lake to see how well we could do, it was super slow, out of about 15 times fishing we only caught 3 lakers and one bubot. i have heard of other people doing well their but it gets so busy in the summer with boaters i think the fish get spooked. i heard from a guy not to long ago that if you go right beside the dam and cast from shore with a five of diamonds red that he has had good luck lately so give that a try. and ya fish this time of year in lakes are still going to very lethargic, until the water warms up a little
Old 05-11-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDuke View Post
hey so last year me and my buddy put our fishing boat on ghost lake to see how well we could do, it was super slow, out of about 15 times fishing we only caught 3 lakers and one bubot. i have heard of other people doing well their but it gets so busy in the summer with boaters i think the fish get spooked. i heard from a guy not to long ago that if you go right beside the dam and cast from shore with a five of diamonds red that he has had good luck lately so give that a try. and ya fish this time of year in lakes are still going to very lethargic, until the water warms up a little
You talk like a child, grow up....