Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2018, 06:27 AM

Default Filson tin cloth jackets

I was thinking about getting the tin cloth cruiser jacket but they don’t exactly give them away , what are people’s opinion of these?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2018, 06:57 AM

I've had my Filson cruiser for several years and it is everything I expected. They are a really tough, comfortable and definitely waterproof. I'm sure they will last a lifetime with proper care. The more you use it, the less expensive it becomes.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:09 AM

Anything I've owned by Filson has been above expectations. Great company and great gear!

Buy once, cry once.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:55 AM

I notice that the Canadian Tire at Macleod & Southland has a bunch of Filson clothes there, not sure if they have that coat or not. Spendy stuff for sure, I'm curious if they're able to sell enough of it there to continue carrying the line
Old 06-12-2018, 12:06 PM

Default Tin

I own 2 unlined tin cloth hunting coats with the game carriers. I only wear these for cooler windy days when upland hunting. Good quality and work well but if your getting physical you gotta open up a few buttons...the material doesn't breath well and you will get very wet. They are old school...but very well made...
Old 08-11-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I notice that the Canadian Tire at Macleod & Southland has a bunch of Filson clothes there, not sure if they have that coat or not. Spendy stuff for sure, I'm curious if they're able to sell enough of it there to continue carrying the line
They've been selling it for years.. and have a lot of floor real estate devoted to it. Pretty sure they would have pulled the plug years ago it it wasn't selling.

I know i've bought a lot of Filson stuff there.. their "sale" pricing is actually quite good.